Have Saints traded Thomas yet? (1 Viewer)

Sad that Thomas got hurt this year when the Game was well in control.

Just reported Thomas retweeted DeShaun Watson tweet of “was a 2, now a 10” indicating displeasure with team. Already a cancer. Get Urban Meyer to trade us Chark and 2nd round pick for him.
Tweet taken down quickly but too late.
How does MT's tweet not confirm his negative attitude towards the Saints?
Am I the only one who felt MT's discontent over this entire season?
I don't think it was ever definitely confirmed that MT and Brees were at odds, and that MT wanted to be traded, but there certainly was enough smoke to justify feeling that that fire may have been burning.

Edit: Read more posts. MT and Watson may have simply meant that they upped their efforts.
Why they made these statements is a point to discuss, but it is obvious that MT's reply may not have anything to do with his current relationship with the Saints or Brees in particular.

Last edited:
I put last night's game on Thomas as much as anyone. 0 for 4 and a non-factor is not what you paid him for. That said this is a bad take.

We saw what an injured Thomas did with Taysom, he's the real deal. I'm just going to bank this up to the messed up year he had. I'm not even saying he's untouchable as far as trades or whatever, he's legit though.

As far as the diva thing, I'm not sold on that. The team would know better than me but from my view, there is nothing really there. Just a frustrating year for a fiery competitor.

Can’t happen fast enough IMHO. Lacks leadership skills, speed, and like a lot of WRs has turned into diva. Just imagine what he’ll be like without Brees throwing to him. He doesn’t get separation so without supremely accurate QB throwing to him he’ll be a complainer.
A loss really make y’all jump out the window smh. Keep that same energy when he’s OPOY and a main reason when we win in other seasons

Remember last year when Kamara was injured and people freaked out when we extended his contract 🤣

Thomas is unmatched in what he brings to the field when healthy! So just stop it...

I'm going to go with injury. That said, I think the team will be in fire sale mode next season with the cap situation. I think anybody is for sale at the right price. Still, it would be hard to imagine Coach letting go of Taysom or Kamara.

I hope that there isn't bad blood with MT. However, its not like the Saints haven't ever parted ways with a high dollar talent before right after a block buster contract... JG.

Can’t happen fast enough IMHO. Lacks leadership skills, speed, and like a lot of WRs has turned into diva. Just imagine what he’ll be like without Brees throwing to him. He doesn’t get separation so without supremely accurate QB throwing to him he’ll be a complainer.
One bad, injured season doesn't support any of these criticisms.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom