Have Saints traded Thomas yet? (1 Viewer)

I want to give him one more non-injured season before we think that way about MT. If he's this terrible next year, it might be time to consider moving on - but I think it's a one year bad mirage due to injuries (like Kamara's 2019)

...wait is this a real topic? I thought it was satire b/c people were calling for Lutz's head for playing poorly not too long ago

That’s Not what the tweet says. And it’s not what it means, and it wasn’t deleted. It says “I was on 2, then I took it to 10”

which just means he’s grinding harder than he ever has.
If that’s what it means why would he take it down?

Can’t happen fast enough IMHO. Lacks leadership skills, speed, and like a lot of WRs has turned into diva. Just imagine what he’ll be like without Brees throwing to him. He doesn’t get separation so without supremely accurate QB throwing to him he’ll be a complainer.

Dude..He produced at nearly the same level with TB and TH throwing him passes.

You don't just trade away elite level talent.

Remember last year when half the forum wanted to trade Kamara??

Injuries happen. In most cases they heal. MT plays with a mean streak that this team needs. You can't fault a guy for not playing as well when he isn't 100 percent.

Look, we might need to pump our brakes here. The guy caught more passes last year than any person, ever. He suffered a significant injury, came back too soon, and was never really healthy. Add into that, he was out so long that the offense became something else in his absence and they had to quit relying on him. I think they just didnt have any rhythm and ultimately just forgot how to use him.

He was hurt MOST of this season, and he STILL has more catches in his first 5 seasons than any other player in history. By 29 catches. Let that sink in. He missed more than half a season, and still has more catches than anyone else in their first 5 season - by 29!

That being said, it does at least appear that CGM caught the diva. A guy with unparalled competitive fire, was consumed by what seems to happen to elite receivers after a few years of success. Usually once you go diva, you stay diva. Just glossing over the top 20 WRs (yards) in NFL history, youll see guys who were never really divas. Jerry Rice, Larry Fitzgerald, Isaac Bruch, Reggie Wayne, Marvin Harrison, Steve Largent, Tim Brown, etc. The only 2 in the top 20 Id really consider 'divas' are Randy Moss and Terrell Owens, who both produced for 12+ years. Thomas doesnt seem like Moss and Owens to me. He seems to shut down. My concern is that he has it in his head that he doesnt want to be here, and will sulk. Then you have a problem.

A healthy CGM is still a top 5 WR. Where his head is at, thats the real question.

... people were calling for Lutz's head for playing poorly not too long ago
same ppl who want all the star players, no injuries, and no contract i$$ues

i often wonder what color the sky is in their world

He’s not playing with a full deck. He needs to feel loved and wants consistent attention.
^^^words str8 from a Saints defensive player^^

My last post on this subject. Looks like we found somebody who Could Guard Mike.

Yes was never the same without Brees
Bingo.
Thomas is great, but he isn’t a dominant receiver without a very, very, very good qb. I don’t even think I’ve ever seen him catch a 30 yard post lol much less other nice routes
Dink and dunk champion. Great fantasy football player to have on the roster though!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom