Have the Pelicans 'tuned out' Alvin Gentry? (1 Viewer)

SuperSaint

Trek expert & WoW junkie
Reaction score
After last season, it was expected that the Pelicans were going to challenge for one of the top 4 seeds in the west this season, but they seem to be regressing.

Holliday can't guard everybody, and no one else is playing a lick of defense. It seems to me that Gentry has lost the locker room.

I think it's possible Gentry has lost AD, and by default, the team. I'm not sure AD believes in what Gentry (or the whole organization for that matter) is doing anymore. There is something to be said about coaching when your team can look so good one night and like a bunch of scrubs the next. The effort level is not consistent, and to me, that's coaching.

It's a shame. With the Rockets and Warriors both struggling, this would've been a good year to steal a top three seed.

It's a shame to have watched this season turn from being a real boost to a real bust.
And it would be extremely disturbing if the result of it all is that Davis decides that enough is enough and hits the door for a team with a real shot at a title. It would be hard to blame him. :covri:

Gentry's system is heavily dependent on having a true PG. For the life of me, I don't understand why he waited till last night to start Frazier with Payton hurt for a month and half. But with that move the team looked much better. We will see if that remains the case, but I think if it does, everything will be okay and once Payton comes back we can still separate ourselves from some of the mid level teams in the west.

Last night was more like what I want to see, and what this team is capable of.

This team needs that speedy PG setting the pace, hope we see more of it...

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Twitter

Back
    Top Bottom