Have we ever had better WR's? (1 Viewer)

Put Jubilee Dunbar on the Dolphins or Steelers of the time, and he just might be in Canton.

Best total set of receivers I can remember the Saint having. As for best in the league, the Bengals and Colts sport some pretty good tandems.

>>The single most talented receiver I've ever seen in a Saints uniform was Wes Chandler,

See stats thread. Wes was speedy, but he never approached (with San Diego or the Saints) the types of seasons Joe Horn has delivered. I think his great play is somewhat of a myth for longtime Saints fans. I watched all those games too. And while Wes is definitely Top 5 all time Saints and may be the most "talented" or "physically gifted" receiver that stayed more than 1 or 2 years, the numbers don't add up. I know, different era and different teams, but no other Saints passing game has done what our 2006 team has done projected through 16 games. It's not even close.

TPS

Wes was both underutilized, and an underachiever here. He was invisible for long stretches of games, and only had the one decent season in 1978 or 1979 with Archie.

Wes was both underutilized, and an underachiever here. He was invisible for long stretches of games, and only had the one decent season in 1978 or 1979 with Archie.

Wes Chandler was outstanding. I still rate Eric Martin and Horn, but have been very impressed by Colston. He is the best 1st year Saints rookie I have ever seen. Very impressive

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom