Have we SECURED a PLAYOFF Spot? (1 Viewer)

trujm

Very Banned
Reaction score
The NFC is pretty weak. The Saints seem to be well coached, well quarter-backed, and this seems to be a team that focuses on consistency rather then statistics/personal accolades.

Is it safe to say that the Saints have a 85-90% chance of making the playoffs at this point? Am I wrong for jumping the gun here, or is this a pretty safe assumption?

Are we like the 2002 Saints who started off 6-2, and then made it to 7-2.. only to squander it - more specifically to a <b>Vikings team who was desperate for a win, on a two point conversion that <u>still haunts us to this day</u>.</b> Who thinks this will happen again? Also.. do you think Payton will consider the 2002 season when he speaks to the team in the locker room in order to teach a lesson on "being comfortable/complacent with a good record"?

<b>Will we actually close it out this year, and be able to be comfortable knowing we will be playing in January?</b> or do you think they will fold like they did in 2002?

I know, I know, this is a different coaching staff, players are more disciplined, yadda yadda.. BUT, I CANT HELP BUT SHAKE THE FEELING THAT MY LUCK (actually, <b>our</b> luck, for that matter) cannot possibly this be good.

This seems WAY too good to be true. Someone comfort me, please!

We still have some tough games left to play... but it does look good for the home team. As long as we don't come out and turn the ball over and get stuppid penalties... we should be OK.

Playoff spot secured? With 6 wins??? I would say no. I wouldn't begin talking secure until at least 10 wins. Then maybe.

Im not talking about <b>literally</b> having secured a playoff spot. Im just simply asking in regard to: some things in life are predictable despite not being a "sure bet" once a pattern has been set. For example, it would be pretty silly to assume that the Colts will not make the playoffs at this point. 8-0 is pretty hard to screw up.

My question is: <b>is 6-2 enough of a cushion to secure a playoff spot, in most peoples opinions</b> AT THIS POINT, in the NFC?

Im not in dreamland on this one.. im being practical, and realistic.. is it safe to say we are "set"?

I don't believe an 11-5 team has ever missed the postseason.

I know 10-6 doesn't always git 'r done, because the Saints were tied at 10-6 with the Rams & 49'ers (in the old NFC West), but missed due to a tiebreaker.

Then, in another year (1990), we made it at 8-8. Go figure!

I know how many wins it will take to "Seal the deal", im just asking if you guys think we will get there, or will we fold like we did in 2002?

9-7 in the NFC just may earn you a wildcard spot.
10-6 certainly will.

We are aiming for 12-4, 11-5. (14-4, 13-3, would be amazing too.)

I know how many wins it will take to "Seal the deal", im just asking if you guys think we will get there, or will we fold like we did in 2002?

Oh we're going. no worries.. Just cheer the team on in our Die hard fashion and Disrupt Offenses in our Home with everything your lungs can offer up and the Boys in black and gold will do the rest..

Just one game at a time , week by week...yet this year is extreamly different
We can now expect to win, not in a "cocky" manner; but we have faith in this new regime....So just enjoy the ride and keep the faith.

I cant imagine the Saints losing any more than 3 games at home this season.. its just not even logical to think such a thing, which would automatically have us with 5 home wins, not to mention we have already won 3 games in the road with 4 more to go.

I cant imagine the Saints losing any more than 3 games at home this season.. its just not even logical to think such a thing, which would automatically have us with 5 home wins, not to mention we have already won 3 games in the road with 4 more to go.

<b>Aint</b> that Awsome? ;-)

I'm just enjoying something that was missing in new orleans for about a year........football. If you want to know what the team will do......tune in and see it for yourself!

Question to the one that started this thread. Do you honestly see the team losing more than half the games they have left? It could happen, but how likely do YOU think that is?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom