Have you ever seen Allen Iverson play football? (1 Viewer)

I've always thought NBA basketball players would make good football players. If they were tough enough.

They're big and extrmely athletic. Remember, 6'1" is small in the NBA, but could be very big for a cornerback.

Shaq would probably have been a great tight end. You know he has great footwork.

Think about 6'6" Michael Jordan at wide receiver.

there's an old nfl interview with AI AB and Vick. they played in the same region in football. AI said he cried when his mom told him he couldn't play football anymore. he thought basketball was for punks...

I could swear I read something or heard something that said that Vick and Iverson were on the same high school team. Vick warmed the bench behind A.I. and supposedly "The Answer" could toss a ball 70 yards easily. Anybody else hear anything like this or am I crazy?

I could swear I read something or heard something that said that Vick and Iverson were on the same high school team. Vick warmed the bench behind A.I. and supposedly "The Answer" could toss a ball 70 yards easily. Anybody else hear anything like this or am I crazy?

No, Iverson played at Bethel High and Vick played at Warwick (SP?). Iverson's HS rival was Aaron Brooks, and Vick wasn't even in HS at that time. In fact, Iverson has said he didn't know anything about Vick until his Virginia Tech days.

I've never heard that he could throw it that far, in fact his arm seemed kinda "suspect." LOL, but I have heard that he ran anywhere from a 4.25 to the mid 4.3 range. He was better football player than basketball player.

Iverson won 8 state championships in HS--4 in football, and 4 in basketball.

Iverson was one of the top football players, make that athletes from my area in the nineies. However Ronald Curry was supposed to have been the NFL's next phenom when he was playing QB in high school here. Now he's a third tier WR for the Raiders if that. BDM

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom