Have you guys ever see any ancient Mayan ruins (1 Viewer)

Saintman2884

Hall-of-Famer
Reaction score
I think about 4 years ago around this time maybe a bit sooner but I did go to this place along the way to Cozumel called Costa Maya. it had some very interesting stuff to say it mildly. My family and I saw some ancient Mayan ruins at Tulum. and I wanted to ask the forum if they have ever seen any Mayan ruins or ancient temples up close and person. They are awe-struck ed to me as a person.
If you ever go to Mexico along the Yucatan Peninsula or Belize or Guatemala go see these things. it will bring you down to see those ancient temples and the pyramids that the Mayans and the Aztecs constructed.

tulum like I mentioned is a good start

I think about 4 years ago around this time maybe a bit sooner but I did go to this place along the way to Cozumel called Costa Maya. it had some very interesting stuff to say it mildly. My family and I saw some ancient Mayan ruins at Tulum. and I wanted to ask the forum if they have ever seen any Mayan ruins or ancient temples up close and person. They are awe-struck ed to me as a person.
If you ever go to Mexico along the Yucatan Peninsula or Belize or Guatemala go see these things. it will bring you down to see those ancient temples and the pyramids that the Mayans and the Aztecs constructed.

tulum like I mentioned is a good start

Never been there, but I have (had) a couple of replica Mayan statues on my desk at school. I told the kids they were cursed and if anyone broke one they would have bad luck. Well sure enough some kid dropped one while looking at it one day. He made a few bad test scores in subsequent exams, the students started believing the power of the curse a little...... ha

I still have one left. He sure helps out with the discipline.....:hihi:

My wife and I visited Tulum on our honeymoon. Amazing place. Those old-time shaman had a pretty good scam going. They built this little room where a guy in feathered Sun-god robes would sit and on (and only on) the right day of the year, the sun would shine through a perfectly placed series of holes and voila'! The Sun-god Himself shows up to bless the congregation. That's slick.

Xcaret and Xel-Ha have ruins as well. Along with unbelievable wildlife, tours, shows and things to do. If I ever have the chance, I'm taking the kids down there to experience it.

Sadly, I have been to Cozumel, but didn't make it to the ruins. I kept looking for them in the bottoms of Anejo Bacardi bottles, but alas, no find.

I've been to Tulum, and thoroughly enjoyed them. The beach was fantastic. I would highly recommend it to anyone who enjoys historical structures. I would love to see some others.

Anyone going up the Natchez Trace may want to good at the Indian Mound neat Natchez. It is huge, and youcouple probably play three football games a one time on top of them.

I've been to Tulum, and thoroughly enjoyed them. The beach was fantastic. I would highly recommend it to anyone who enjoys historical structures. I would love to see some others.

Anyone going up the Natchez Trace may want to good at the Indian Mound neat Natchez. It is huge, and youcouple probably play three football games a one time on top of them.

Moundville, AL is equally, if not more impressive.

I've been to a few. The ruins are awe-inspiring and the story behind them is fascinating. There's an analogy to be made that not enough people are willing to make though.

Go to Tulum. Ruins and lizards on your right, topless Europeans on the beach to your left.

Moundville, AL may also have topless people. but something tells me it's a little different.

I feel that I must tell you Mr. Saint Man that I ventured out into that area this past Au Gust. It was a thing of beauty if I may so myself. Actually upon my return I pm'ed the history mogul of SR.com and we discussed different phenomenons and interesting destinations such as these. I tell you Saint Man, that Reb is a sharp cookie.

Have you ever been to Hawaiian Gardens, Ca?
It's as beautiful as the name implies.

I've been to Copan in Honduras. Quite awe inspiring

GO TO TIKAL IN GUATEMALA!!!!!!!!!!!! It is incredible!!!! I have also been to Altun Ha in Belize...........it is nice but after Tikal I wasn't that impressed!!!!

Uranus_from_Hubble.jpg

Been to Tulum (and Xel-Ha) in 1989 during a trip to Cancun.... both were on a one-day bus tour, so I didn't have enough time at either one, to tell the truth. But Tulum was reallly neat; as they say, only Mayan city on the shoreline... whenever I make a sand castle on the beach, I'm often inspired to make a mayan temple, like Tulum.... by the way, Xel-Ha had some really cool snorkeling. ...

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom