Haven't seen one "expert" pick the Saints over the Bucs in the divisional playoff round (1 Viewer)

They all picked the Bucs in Week 9 too and we know how that turned out. I listened to Booger McFarland on Off the Bench and he picked the Bucs the first two times and just tripled down on this weekend. If they are right this time they all look like geniuses. If they are wrong they will forget all about it and still pick GB next week. I think we play better when they are against us.

To be clear, the beating a team 3 times narrative is a little overblown. Since the merger in 1970, the matchup has occurred 21 times. The team that swept the regular season has won 14 of those. So 2/3rds of the time. So obviously it's far from a foregone conclusion, but statistically the statement is overblown.

The last team to do it? The Saints. https://www.espn.com/blog/carolina-...h-beating-team-three-times-as-the-cliche-says

Best news I've heard all day. I hope every single expert picks the Bucs again. The Saints are at their best when nobody gives them a chance. When they're the overwhelming favorites it can get a little dicey.

I've come to he conclusion that Sean Payton is great at motivating his teams when they are underdogs. It seems like he knows which buttons to push to get his team focused and ready. He has the "us against the world" thing down pat.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom