Take one dust storm.

Add a very light percipitation.

What do you get?

Mud drops raining down.

Attachments

• Mud gets in your eyes.jpg
    Mud gets in your eyes.jpg
    74 KB · Views: 3
Damn mortar attack almost took out one of our officers, who also happens to be my direct supervisor back at home station, two days ago. He was doing his lunch-time PT run when the klaxons went off. He hit the deck. The round hit less than 5 seconds later...just across the street.

No one was killed, only a small number injured. One person, with only 3 days left on-station, remained standing like an idiot. They ended up with minor shrapnel wounds. Yes...this fortunate fool will get a Purple Heart for getting nailed in the butt. If he had hit the ground like he was supposed to, he would have only had his nerves shot.

In other news...in an attempt to (re)gain possession of a lost handheld radio, I was jumped, kidnapped, and interrogated. It took 6 men (including a former RB for the AF Academy) and 5 rolls of duct tape to subdue me. I did manage to inflict pain and damage on at least 3 of my assailants before being hog-tied to a punching bag. Their efforts were in vain. I never gave in while enduring intense pain and loss of circulation to my arms and legs. When I managed to start getting loose (with the clandestine help of some of my troops), my assailants scattered in a cowardly fashion.

Yes...there were pics. No...I won't be posting them.

I will get my revenge, one person at a time.

USA

And Heaven is Guarded by US Marine...

:bandg:

USA

And Heaven is Guarded by US Marine...

:bandg:
Which is the ultimate irony over here. The Air Force (and Army for that matter) gets shot at more than the Marines. All the Marines I've worked with won't even come visit my base.

"You guys get attacked every day. No thanks!"

Be safe BD.. I go Pui and sleep...

Come Home soon... I support whatever you do...

Geaux Navy...

Joe

Take care over there, cuz. My daughter in law (a Navy medic) will be deploying over there next week. She will be assigned to a Marine unit. She & my son are visiting me today before he goes to Jacksonville/Camp Lejeune to drive her car back to Delaware where he is stationed at Dover AFB. On the other hand, my son in law (Army) will be returning within a month. :)

My prayers are with you all.

Love ya,
Cuz Jan

Which is the ultimate irony over here. The Air Force (and Army for that matter) gets shot at more than the Marines. All the Marines I've worked with won't even come visit my base.

"You guys get attacked every day. No thanks!"

This actually makes sense.

Kick an ant pile and you might get a sting or two. Kick a hornet's nest? :hihi:

This actually makes sense.

Kick an ant pile and you might get a sting or two. Kick a hornet's nest? :hihi:
LOL

You have to love how the different services do subtle things just to mess with each other. Take, for instance, the "proper" handling of weapons in DFACs. The Army runs the DFACs here at Balad/Anaconda. They state quite specifically that all rifles will be laid flat on the ground, within arms reach, while seated.

Try that at a Marine run DFAC.

All rifles are placed muzzle down resting between the legs.

And each just wait for the the other to show up in their DFACs, just so they can mess with them on weapons handling issues. I watched some Marines flat out chew on some soldiers while they were much more polite in explaining the different policies to us Air Force types.

Yo SBTB!!!!

Got the care package bro! There goes my diet.:hihi:

Tell your wife, daughter, and all their Girl Scout partners thank-you!

I'll get a picture taken with a box of cookies in the next day or two. :)

Happy surprise packages #2!

Bose has just won over a huge fan.

One of my troops shot Bose an email asking if there they had any direct sale specials for deployed personnel on TriPort IE earbuds. His had been damaged and they do not sale them here at Balad. The response? A box containing a dozen, each with a "Thank You For Your Service" sticker. They sound awesome.:D

One of my troops shot Bose an email asking if there they had any direct sale specials for deployed personnel on TriPort IE earbuds. His had been damaged and they do not sale them here at Balad. The response? A box containing a dozen, each with a "Thank You For Your Service" sticker. They sound awesome.:D
That's awesome. Thumbs up to Bose :9:

That is great! I will consider purchasing a Bose simply for this gesture. Keep safe, BD.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom