Having fun in Iraq (1 Viewer)

BullDawg

Gone but will never forgotten. R.I.P. Nate
Reaction score
So it's been a couple of weeks. I'm finally starting to get in the groove of things am adjusting to the "controlled" chaos. So let's review some of the "fun" things I've come to "enjoy".

1 - Cold, hot, cold, hot, dry, wet, sun, snow, sleet, hail, rain, wind, cold, hot. The forecast for tomorrow.

2 - Good food. Really. I'm not kidding. I had T-bone steak and snow crab legs last night.

3 - Classified Predator feeds. Got to see some insurgents laying IEDs get smoked...live. :rock:

4 - 3-minute "combat showers". We get to take one (and only one) on even numbered days. Tomorrow is an even numbered day. HOOAH!

5 - "All clear, all clear, all clear". What you want to hear after an attack.

6 - Near beer. Yes...when it's all you've got, it starts tasting good.

7 - Sleep depravation. 0430 - 2200 sounds like a fair day's work to me.

8 - Smoke from the burn pit. I love the smell of smoldering rubbish in the morning. Smells like victory.

9 - MUDCON. But when the mud dries, it becomes dust. Lots of dust.

Oh well...my mind is starting to wander and my eyes are starting to cross. Time to throw ye olde flak vest on wander off to my bunk which amounts to little more than a ultra-thin mattress on a solid metal frame. No springs.

You know what though? I can whine all day long. The boys going downrange...they're the one's earning their keep. And the one's coming in on the medevac copters maimed and mangled...they're the one's paying the price.

God be with them.

Peace.

Thanks for the update. Give our support to everyone there, especially the wounded.

Great post. Keep 'em comin'.

Godspeed Bulldawg!

Wow BD I had no idea you were being deployed. Stay safe!

Did you at least get to see Angelina Jolie? :dunno:

Sounds rough BD, stay strong.

So glad you reported in. I've been wondering......

Good to know they're feeding you well. T-bones and snow crabs sound great.

Glad to hear you're okay! I'm definitely interested in hearing more about your experience there.

LS

aint iraq grand???

hang in there fobbit, it will all be ok...

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom