Hawkeye trailer (2 Viewers)

Jeff Miller

Shaw 1988, NYIT 2009
Reaction score
You're not even trying to hide it anymore, huh?
Hide what? a distaste for bad storytelling that butchers longstanding characters and story arch's just show that women are better then men because, you know...they are women....sure, nothing to hide here. We should have just skipped the last 14 marvel movies because all we need to avoid the snap was a pleasant sit down talk to convince him there was a better way. Started re-reading a lot of these old stories, and yes, they are leaps and bounds better then the woke baloney KF has embraced for no apparent reason.

antipop

drool mop
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Hide what? a distaste for bad storytelling that butchers longstanding characters and story arch's just show that women are better then men because, you know...they are women....sure, nothing to hide here. We should have just skipped the last 14 marvel movies because all we need to avoid the snap was a pleasant sit down talk to convince him there was a better way. Started re-reading a lot of these old stories, and yes, they are leaps and bounds better then the woke baloney KF has embraced for no apparent reason.

who hurt you?

tenordas

Vesti le procè flamber
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Houston via New Jersey, New Orleans, Baton Rouge,
I'm more in the middle on this issue. I can appreciate the distaste of emasculating male heroes.
Personally, I found the Thor series where Jane became "Female Thor" and Thor was going through ED issues with Sif to be hideous. The whole storyline came across as a sad 'hail Mary" sort of attempt to get an audience again (much like the even worse "Cap was a Hydra agent all along" series). And let's be honest, Marvel comics were really bad at that point with DC eclipsing them (thanks to the walkout from Marvel after Stan Lee retired, and the subsequent mass hiring of those artists by DC), so the desperate plot twists were foreseeable.
I hope the upcoming Thor film with Jane becoming powered doesn't go down the same inane roads as the comic series did.

On the other hand, I have always appreciated and enjoyed the strong female heroes of Marvel comics like Black Widow, Hellcat, Scarlet Witch, Storm, Ms. Marvel/Captain Marvel, Gamora, Jean Grey, X23, etc., including, yes, Kate Bishop (okay, I admit I'm not really a fan of Squirrel Girl because I think the character is ridiculous and, frankly, somewhat demeaning to women).

It all depends on how it's handled. If the aim is "to show how inferior men are" or "fight toxic masculinity", then, yes, it will be political propaganda that will fall flat because it's garbage
However, if it's just to give us strong women characters and celebrate how great women are, then fantastic. All I will say is give us more!

Men should be celebrated for their manhood and women should be celebrated for their womanhood. Acknowledging one should never negate the other.

SystemShock

uh yu ka t'ann
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Not unless she can make a sandwich with those arrows, AMIRIGHT!

Wait... she can make a sammich with an arrow?!?!? I'm in!!!!!!! :hihi:

I don't know... too much MCU, and the trailer gave me a Deadpool for kiddies vibe... I may watch it when it hits regular Disney+.

boutrous

the only way I know how
Reaction score
Wait... she can make a sammich with an arrow?!?!? I'm in!!!!!!! :hihi:

I don't know... too much MCU, and the trailer gave me a Deadpool for kiddies vibe... I may watch it when it hits regular Disney+.
It is a regular Disney+ series, I believe. Like WandaVision, et al.

Sort of a spoiler:
Also, given the BlackWidow end credit scene, I expect Florence Pugh to make an appearance.

tenordas

Vesti le procè flamber
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Houston via New Jersey, New Orleans, Baton Rouge,

tomwaits

Frontier Psychiatrist
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
I'm more in the middle on this issue. I can appreciate the distaste of emasculating male heroes.
Personally, I found the Thor series where Jane became "Female Thor" and Thor was going through ED issues with Sif to be hideous. The whole storyline came across as a sad 'hail Mary" sort of attempt to get an audience again (much like the even worse "Cap was a Hydra agent all along" series). And let's be honest, Marvel comics were really bad at that point with DC eclipsing them (thanks to the walkout from Marvel after Stan Lee retired, and the subsequent mass hiring of those artists by DC), so the desperate plot twists were foreseeable.
I hope the upcoming Thor film with Jane becoming powered doesn't go down the same inane roads as the comic series did.

On the other hand, I have always appreciated and enjoyed the strong female heroes of Marvel comics like Black Widow, Hellcat, Scarlet Witch, Storm, Ms. Marvel/Captain Marvel, Gamora, Jean Grey, X23, etc., including, yes, Kate Bishop (okay, I admit I'm not really a fan of Squirrel Girl because I think the character is ridiculous and, frankly, somewhat demeaning to women).

It all depends on how it's handled. If the aim is "to show how inferior men are" or "fight toxic masculinity", then, yes, it will be political propaganda that will fall flat because it's garbage
However, if it's just to give us strong women characters and celebrate how great women are, then fantastic. All I will say is give us more!

Men should be celebrated for their manhood and women should be celebrated for their womanhood. Acknowledging one should never negate the other.
same-page-together-together.gif

Saint by the Bay

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
It is a regular Disney+ series, I believe. Like WandaVision, et al.

Sort of a spoiler:
Also, given the BlackWidow end credit scene, I expect Florence Pugh to make an appearance.

She has been confirmed to be in it.

St. Widge

Socially Distant
VIP Contributor
Reaction score

I believe it is your incessessant statements implying that you hate women and don't want to see stories that have anything to do with women if they are not naked or in the kitchen. But at least here you explicitly state that you don't want to see it because it has real female characters in it.

tomwaits

Frontier Psychiatrist
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
I believe it is your incessessant statements implying that you hate women and don't want to see stories that have anything to do with women if they are not naked or in the kitchen. But at least here you explicitly state that you don't want to see it because it has real female characters in it.
I don't agree with Jeff's assessment of Marvel lately, but what you wrote was total strawman.

St. Widge

Socially Distant
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
I don't agree with Jeff's assessment of Marvel lately, but what you wrote was total strawman.

Then you haven't been reading his posts for years. No straw man building was necessary.

I think there can be legitimate criticism for some of the things Marvel has done seemingly only the in the name of "wokeness", as Tenordas mentioned above, but Jeff has long bashed on Marvel and anything else that doesn't fit his specific world view of women and I think the vast majority of those criticisms have been highly unwarranted. Not to mention almost always drive by posts with no follow up or discussion of his position.

Last edited:

DaveXA

I love the Lord!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Then you haven't been reading his posts for years. No straw man building was necessary.

I think there can be legitimate criticism for some of the things Marvel has done seemingly only the in the name of "wokeness", as Tenordas mentioned above, but Jeff has long bashed on Marvel and anything else that doesn't fit his specific world view of women and I think the vast majority of those criticisms have been highly unwarranted. Not to mention almost always drive by posts with no follow up or discussion of his position.
And it's hardly just a woman thing, but the overall "woke" thing. Anything he deems as Disney trying to be woke will suffer his wrath, or something. Seems like every new MCU related thread, he's gotta make his idiotic, outspoken opinion known. It's beyond old.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

New Orleans Saints Twitter Feed

Headlines

Top Bottom