Hawks to release Micheal (1 Viewer)

GilFinnerty

ALL-MADDEN TEAM
Reaction score
Wonder what's the deal with him. He is super talented. You can see the explosiveness and balance and a lot of upper tier physical attributes. Haven't followed his career closely but I know talent and he has a to of it. See him being claimed by vikes

He has bounced around a lot. Always gets a ton of hype where ever he goes. I think he had a few ga,es this year where he really wasn't all that great. Plus, Rawls is coming back this week and Prossise looked great last weekend.

When I see guys who can't stick it out despite tremendous talent, I can only think they're either insubordinate, don't have what it takes to learn playbooks or handle not being the #1 option or whatever, or they're just plain lazy.

I could imagine a coach working someone that might be a bit slow in the mental aspect of things, if they're heart is in it and they try and all. Or the guys that are all about themselves, if they produce sometimes a coach tolerates it.

But if you just don't try? If you don't give a damn? That will turn a superior right off.

Not saying one way or the other. Just giving a blind read.

In this particular case, he could just be phased out due a strong pair of RBs ahead of him.

Book on him is no vision, if the hole doesn't open straight ahead of him he won't see it. Same kind of thing that killed Trent Richardson's career. They've been using Procise a lot (somebody I wanted the Saints to draft as a Cadet replacement) and Rawls is coming back soon.

He has enough physical talent to be special. Tremendous acceleration. Bit of a head case at A&M. Not always getting his full effort. Looked like the light came on in this pre season. Something happened. They have some decent talent at the position but not in his tier as far as natural ability. Bit of a shame

I keep hearing Seattle fans complain about his balance/footwork. Apparently he kills a lot of runs by just being a bit klutzy by leaning forward too far or getting caught i his own feet. Great numbers athlete with a solid understanding of the game but just doesn't seem to have that natural feel for things.

He could be a starter but when he's your starter he's unspectacular and you instantly start looking to replace him. As a backup he hasn't shown the ability to come off the bench and he was pouty last week at NE. The people that want him are the same that will want him gone when he actually plays. Just not that great a player.

Most of what is stated above is true based on what I've read and seen.

He just doesn't embody what Seattle is looking for in a RB.

He tends to shy away from contact, misses his reads far too often, is fumble-prone, not a good blocker... and he tends to blame his O-line for his shortcomings.

Prosise is far more valuable to the team, particularly as a receiver.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom