Hawthorne (1 Viewer)

Vilma starting? Ugh..please not. Let him come in obvious passing situations so he won't have to be blown away by a random block. Hopefully hawthorne will start, or at least be a solid contributor

It will be vilma and hawthorne in on nickel downs

It will be vilma and hawthorne in on nickel downs

Hmmm i dunno about that even though it makes the most sense.

Remember Lofton's whole complaint about leaving the falcons is that they felt he wasn't a 3down LB.

Removing him off the field on 3rd downs is placing him right back where he was a year ago.....could cause him to feel the same way.

I think Vilma will be in on a lot of subpackages but Lofton/Hawthorne will be your primaries.

Thats just my OP....i see why u would put Hawthorne and Vilma on the field together because they are the two best in coverage out of the 3..but idk. Player morale is important.

My lineup would be...

In 3-4 base:
WOLB- Galette (starter), ?
WILB- Wilson (starter), Vilma, Hawthorne, Chamberlain
SILB- Lofton (starter), Hawthorne, Humber
SOLB- Butler (starter), Hawthorne

Nickel:
WOLB- Galette (starter)
WILB- Wilson/Vilma (starter)
SILB- Hawthorne (starter)
SOLB- Butler (starter)

I strongly believe that the Saints need to stop screwing around with Martez Wilson and carve out a niche for him. I think that Wilson and Vilma can see playing time in nickel situations because Vilma is very solid in pass defense and Wilson is a monster at blitzing the A gap on passing downs.

With as much nickel is played in the NFL now days...having a guy like Hawthorne who can defend against the pass pretty well is nice to have. He does have a role on this defense...as an excellent backup and a guy who will likely be on the field in nickel situations. I hope that the Saints use this as a year to develop Wilson under the teaching of Vilma.

If you noticed...I don't think that we have a legit backup to WOLB (other than Butler who I think is currently our starter at SOLB be default). A guy like Jarvis Jones, Dion Jordan, or Jamie Collins would make a TON of sense because those three can be very productive at both OLB positions.

U got Humber in there, so where is herring

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom