Haynsworth & Jenkins in black and gold (1 Viewer)

Haynesworth has been a model citizen and a fan favorite in TN for the last year. Living here in Nashville, and seeing what I have seen of Haynesworth this past year....I would love to see him in New Orleans. But.......whether he gets to the FA market will be ineteresting to see. The owner likes to sign just enough guys to keep selling tickets, but Haynesworth may not want to sign here. He has shown a little distrust in the organization, and while he says a lot of the right things, he keeps it kind of vague as far as resigning with the team.

Earlier in Haynesworth's career I would have been not so hot on signing him. But he has been very very active in the community lately, and the biggest thing is that he has gotten over that Tennessee grad problem (like Stallworth) where he felt like he didn't have to show up for film study and meetings. He seems like a guy who has put a lot of effort into changing his attitude.

Last edited:
He seems like a guy who has put a lot of effort into changing his attitude.

The cynic in me sees a guy who has put alot of effort into changing his marketability in his contract year.

I also live in Nashville and am inundated with Haynesworth/Titans news.

I agree - most of the best Super Bowl defenses had THUGS:

86 Bears - lots of thugs
87 Giants - LT
88 Redskins - Mann, Manley
89 49ers - Romonowski
91-94 Cowboys - lots of thugs
97-98 Broncos - Romonowski
00 Ravens - Ray Lewis
02 Bucs - Sapp
03-04 Pats - Rodney Harrison

I guess I'd like to know your definition of a thug. What thugs are your referring too on the 85 Bears? And Charles Mann is definitely not a thug. I have no idea where you're coming from on that one.

Are you kidding me? You would pass on Haynesworth b/c he's a hot head? With the scrubs we have on defense, I would love to have that beast on the Dline... we need more guys with a "hot head." I'll take Jeffrey Dahmer if he could play corner back. I hear he used to run a 4.2 40 in high school.

So, if you eat people it makes you faster. Hmmmmm!

I like what you said a lot, Droopy with some changes...

Patten - Slot WR/Vet presence
Faine - Healthy Faine I think has an edge over Goodwin, not really healthy this season though he tried to play, and that shows heart, determination. I think he's brought back.

Free Agency:
* Big $ signing* Alan Faneca - Start at LG, definitely
* Big $ signing* Marcus Trufant - Start at CB
DT - Corey Williams, must address this in first round or FA. The two top DTs in the draft may be gone by the time we pick so I think this is a necessity in FA.
Andre Davis - 4th WR/Kick ret, exactly who I was thinking again.
Dontarrious Thomas - Start at MLB (if we can't make a trade for Vilma)

Trade for:
Vilma - for a 4th, Do we still have this 4th? Did we lose anything in signing Jason David. If not, Vilma is a beast in a 4-3 and his demise is being well overstated.

Draft:
1st Kenny Phillips - Start at FS
2nd Highest rated OLB, or DT which ever represents better value
3rd CB
5th QB, Payton doesn't seem satisfied with his QB projects the last couple years.
Beyond that I have no idea

What's happenin Live? Happy new year Bro! Man I forgot all about Corey Williams... I did want to put him in my list though.

I think Goody will come cheaper than Faine... with just about the same production if not better... but Drew has said he'd like Faine to come back. I don't know how much weight Drew has in the decision, but whatever makes our QB happy I think they should do.

Good question... somehow I thought the 4th was used in last year's draft... I'll have to look it up.

why haynesworth

Why is every member of SR all for getting Hayneworth?!?! Isnt this the guy that gashed a players face open with his cleats last year? I don't believe this guy is a "payton" guy. He'd be a poison in the locker room

i think he took an anger management class afterwards but even though he did step on a cowgirls head purposely he would still be a good player and an upgrade.

Why is every member of SR all for getting Hayneworth?!?! Isnt this the guy that gashed a players face open with his cleats last year? I don't believe this guy is a "payton" guy. He'd be a poison in the locker room

I don't think he is necessarily a bad guy. He had a bad moment.

He is a one man wrecking crew. Have you watched him this year?

Payton needs to take on some playmakers that he may have to keep an eye on. Goes with the NFL...sorry.

That was 2 years ago wasn't it? It seems he had a great year this season and without incident.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom