Haynsworth & Jenkins in black and gold (1 Viewer)

[/QUOTE][/QUOTE]
Haynesworth is not a Payton type player. While he's got a bucket full of talent, he's a hot head and not a pure character guy. I'll pass on him.

I'm tired of players with "character". thats the problem with our D now, way too many nice guys. We need someone who is mean and people are scared of. There is not one guy on our D people fear. Fujita is our best defensive player (besides our ends). I would love to have someone like Haynesworth. Just cause he got in trouble once dont mean he will be in trouble every year. Remeber Ray Lewis was in trouble and he has turned into a class act.

and the little slogan this year "show em that attitude matters and characther counts" makes me sick. Obviously it dont matter or count cause no one respects us. Nice guys finish last!! LIke our D...tooo nice

im glad your not in our FO

we need to stop with the "character guys"

we have a bunch of nice guys on our team that have no talent

of course i don't want us to end up like the bengals

but for the love of god we need that one Fire spark to light are boys up

I didnt read this before i posted... i like your style

man you guys, he had that incident last year but he has handled it great here since then. After that game he waited around and talked to all the media and said he would make it right. So far he has. He also does alot of good here. I'm glad he is a Titan

Glad he's a Titan as well.

Stomping Gurrode in the face with his cleat wasn't his first on field blow up. He had similar problems in college.

Haynesworth isn't leaving Nashville this year, and he won't get a bank breaking FA deal.

Haynesworth is not a Payton type player. While he's got a bucket full of talent, he's a hot head and not a pure character guy. I'll pass on him.

Are you kidding me? You would pass on Haynesworth b/c he's a hot head? With the scrubs we have on defense, I would love to have that beast on the Dline... we need more guys with a "hot head." I'll take Jeffrey Dahmer if he could play corner back. I hear he used to run a 4.2 40 in high school.

Stomping Gurrode in the face with his cleat wasn't his first on field blow up. He had similar problems in college.

Not just college. He's spit in teammates faces and been in fights in practice in the NFL as well. It's not about a "nice guy", Haynesworth is a ticking time bomb. Think a really good Kyle Turley at DT.

im glad your not in our FO

we need to stop with the "character guys"

we have a bunch of nice guys on our team that have no talent

of course i don't want us to end up like the bengals

but for the love of god we need that one Fire spark to light are boys up

I agree - most of the best Super Bowl defenses had THUGS:

86 Bears - lots of thugs
87 Giants - LT
88 Redskins - Mann, Manley
89 49ers - Romonowski
91-94 Cowboys - lots of thugs
97-98 Broncos - Romonowski
00 Ravens - Ray Lewis
02 Bucs - Sapp
03-04 Pats - Rodney Harrison

I like what you said a lot, Droopy with some changes...

Patten - Slot WR/Vet presence
Faine - Healthy Faine I think has an edge over Goodwin, not really healthy this season though he tried to play, and that shows heart, determination. I think he's brought back.

Free Agency:
* Big $ signing* Alan Faneca - Start at LG, definitely
* Big $ signing* Marcus Trufant - Start at CB
DT - Corey Williams, must address this in first round or FA. The two top DTs in the draft may be gone by the time we pick so I think this is a necessity in FA.
Andre Davis - 4th WR/Kick ret, exactly who I was thinking again.
Dontarrious Thomas - Start at MLB (if we can't make a trade for Vilma)

Trade for:
Vilma - for a 4th, Do we still have this 4th? Did we lose anything in signing Jason David. If not, Vilma is a beast in a 4-3 and his demise is being well overstated.

Draft:
1st Kenny Phillips - Start at FS
2nd Highest rated OLB, or DT which ever represents better value
3rd CB
5th QB, Payton doesn't seem satisfied with his QB projects the last couple years.
Beyond that I have no idea

Everyone is on the Malcolm Jenkins bandwagon, but the Saints need immediate help and the way to fill immediate holes is through Free Agency. Jenkins will need a year or 2 to develop. When has a rookie corner made an impact lately?

I would like to see them go after Marcus Trufant for immdiate help. He is young and talented and a shut down corner that the Saints can get for less than 10 million per year.

In the draft- take the most talented defensive player- because they need help on all 3 layers of the defense.

I agree - most of the best Super Bowl defenses had THUGS:

86 Bears - lots of thugs
87 Giants - LT
88 Redskins - Mann, Manley
89 49ers - Romonowski
91-94 Cowboys - lots of thugs
97-98 Broncos - Romonowski
00 Ravens - Ray Lewis
02 Bucs - Sapp
03-04 Pats - Rodney Harrison

I think that term is being applied way to liberally.

Everyone is on the Malcolm Jenkins bandwagon, but the Saints need immediate help and the way to fill immediate holes is through Free Agency. Jenkins will need a year or 2 to develop. When has a rookie corner made an impact lately?

I would like to see them go after Marcus Trufant for immediate help. He is young and talented and a shut down corner that the Saints can get for less than 10 million per year.
Everyone would like an experienced stud at CB, but the odds of the Saints landing one are about the same as a rookie contributing immediately at CB.
I'm tired of reading, "No, you get your CB through free agency." We know this. The Saints aren't one of the most coveted destinations for FAs.

Think a really good Kyle Turley at DT.

Yes please. I don't agree with some of his earlier actions by any means, but I have to agree with some of the above posts that we put too much stock in "character." Give me talent. The guy has a mean streak... we're in desperate need of that. Our defense was downright embarrassing this year. I'm sure Jason David and Mark Sim. have loads of character. Also, the phrase "He's not a Payton type guy" makes me want to puke. I guess Randy Moss wasn't a Payton guy.

The player I want the most for next season is Jonathan Vilma. He is a reasonable player for the Saints FO to bring in. The second player on my most wanted list is Marcus Trufant, which looks highly unlikely now, after his playoff performance. Then I'd like to see Kenny Phillips be drafted in the 1st round.

If we get any one of those 3 players, i'll be happy.

:plus-un2: Yes that's what I'm hoping 4 also...

Haynesworth isn't hitting free agency. The Titans will tag him if they can't get a deal worked out.

Awesome....another Saints fan who is also a Devils fan. How sweet is that?!?

Anyhow...I think Haynesworth would be great. Payton needs to loosen up a little on the character bit. Besides....outside of the "stomp" I don't remember much else from Haynesworth as far as trouble goes. If he is not tagged (which if I were the Titans it would make sense to do it) we definitely would benefit from getting him.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom