Haynsworth & Jenkins in black and gold (1 Viewer)

mikaelaustin

Pro-Bowler
Reaction score
Two players i'd love the saints to go for (and realistically think we have a chance of getting) are Albert Haynsworth & Malcolm Jenkins. I mean Asante Samual & James Laurinitis would be nice but i don't think either are realistic options with Laurinitis looking like he won't make it past the patriots in the draft.

Who else would like to see the saints land these two players? and if not who else would you prefer we try for in FA & Draft?

I would like to see us make a run at Michael Boley from the Falcons. He is a restricted free agent but it wouldn't hurt to extend an offer sheet. Who knows, with Atlanta's current coaching fiasco, we may be able to steal him away from them.

As for the draft, I would like either Kenny Phillips or Sedrick Ellis in the first round and Tavares Gooden in the second. Also that Larry Grant from Ohio State looked pretty damn good in the national title game.

How bout Haynesworth and Phillips. We have got to get Bullocks off the field. Maybe a decent corner and MLB after we get that taken care of

Haynesworth is not a Payton type player. While he's got a bucket full of talent, he's a hot head and not a pure character guy. I'll pass on him.

The player I want the most for next season is Jonathan Vilma. He is a reasonable player for the Saints FO to bring in. The second player on my most wanted list is Marcus Trufant, which looks highly unlikely now, after his playoff performance. Then I'd like to see Kenny Phillips be drafted in the 1st round.

If we get any one of those 3 players, i'll be happy.

The player I want the most for next season is Jonathan Vilma. He is a reasonable player for the Saints FO to bring in. The second player on my most wanted list is Marcus Trufant, which looks highly unlikely now, after his playoff performance. Then I'd like to see Kenny Phillips be drafted in the 1st round.

If we get any one of those 3 players, i'll be happy.

I agree with you on Trufant but Vilma is damaged goods. I'd rather Boley from Atlanta.

Resigns:

Patten - Slot WR/Vet presence
Goodwin - Start at C

Free Agency:

* Big $ signing* Alan Faneca - Start at LG
* Big $ signing* Marcus Trufant - Start at CB
Andre Davis - 4th WR/Kick ret
Dontarrious Thomas - Start at MLB (if we can't make a trade for Vilma)
Reggie Torbor or Na'il Diggs - Compete for start at OLB

Trade for:
Vilma - for a 4th

Draft:
1st Kenny Phillips - Start at FS
* 2nd Fred Davis - Start at TE (I'd actually offer this 2nd to Atlanta for Deangelo Hall.. if we get Hall, the 3rd rd pick is the highest TE on the board)
3rd Leodis McKelvin - Compete for 3rd CB
5th Lavelle Hawkins - WR dpth
6th Eric Ainge - QB project
7th Trade it for next year's 6th.

I agree with you on Trufant but Vilma is damaged goods. I'd rather Boley from Atlanta.

Boley is restricted... if Vilma is healthy he's 3x the player Boley is...

Haynesworth will be in baby blue and white next season :ezbill:

edit: erik ainge sucks (slow, streaky, doesn't have a huge arm even though he is big)

Haynesworth is not a Payton type player. While he's got a bucket full of talent, he's a hot head and not a pure character guy. I'll pass on him.

im glad your not in our FO

we need to stop with the "character guys"

we have a bunch of nice guys on our team that have no talent

of course i don't want us to end up like the bengals

but for the love of god we need that one Fire spark to light are boys up

Resigns:

Patten - Slot WR/Vet presence
Goodwin - Start at C

Free Agency:

* Big $ signing* Alan Faneca - Start at LG
* Big $ signing* Marcus Trufant - Start at CB
Andre Davis - 4th WR/Kick ret
Dontarrious Thomas - Start at MLB (if we can't make a trade for Vilma)
Reggie Torbor or Na'il Diggs - Compete for start at OLB

Trade for:
Vilma - for a 4th

Draft:
1st Kenny Phillips - Start at FS
* 2nd Fred Davis - Start at TE (I'd actually offer this 2nd to Atlanta for Deangelo Hall.. if we get Hall, the 3rd rd pick is the highest TE on the board)
3rd Leodis McKelvin - Compete for 3rd CB
5th Lavelle Hawkins - WR dpth
6th Eric Ainge - QB project
7th Trade it for next year's 6th.

Boley is restricted... if Vilma is healthy he's 3x the player Boley is...

McKelvin will never make it past the 2nd round. Mel Kiper thinks he'll be a late 1st round pick. I know Kiper is an idiot, but the guy has to know SOMETHING when his only responsibility for the entire year is to estimate where players will be drafted.

im glad your not in our FO

we need to stop with the "character guys"

we have a bunch of nice guys on our team that have no talent

of course i don't want us to end up like the bengals

but for the love of god we need that one Fire spark to light are boys up

man you guys, he had that incident last year but he has handled it great here since then. After that game he waited around and talked to all the media and said he would make it right. So far he has. He also does alot of good here. I'm glad he is a Titan

McKelvin will never make it past the 2nd round. Mel Kiper thinks he'll be a late 1st round pick. I know Kiper is an idiot, but the guy has to know SOMETHING when his only responsibility for the entire year is to estimate where players will be drafted.

Wishful thinking on my part... :hihi:

Haynesworth isn't hitting free agency. The Titans will tag him if they can't get a deal worked out.

I don't know about that one. The Titans have not used that tag very much, and lots of times they let really good players leave as they are very good at developing young players to take their places.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom