HB Breakdown - Game 2 2009 vs. Philly (1 Viewer)

Yeah if Bush got more I runs, I think he'd do much better. In Single Back, if one defender beats our OL (which happened several times last week), the play is done before it gets going. His best runs today were out of I and his worst was a draw with both DEs in his lap before he reached the LOS.

Thats done because Drew can audible to a pass to Reggie easier w/out a FB in the game.

If time allows, I want to rewatch the game tomorrow and figure out how many plays we threw the ball w/ Mike Bell in the game. I mean its obvious when MB & HE are in the I, it will be a run, but I am curious as to how SP is breaking up the tendencies and keeping the defense honest by throwing the ball w/ MB in the
game.

In every game, it seems there's a couple holes where I'm thinking "Bush takes that one to the house." But it's not Bush, it's somebody else.

I have seen the same thing the last two weeks. The o-line seems to be opening more holes this year.

Especially on those plays where there is a cut back lane, everything gets flowing one way and Bell cuts back and is not touched for 10 yards. Hopefully we will get a chance to see Reggie get an opening like that from about 75 or 80 yards out. So far the best blocking he has had was on his TD yesterday. He only had a crease and he blew right through it.

I have seen the same thing the last two weeks. The o-line seems to be opening more holes this year.

Especially on those plays where there is a cut back lane, everything gets flowing one way and Bell cuts back and is not touched for 10 yards. Hopefully we will get a chance to see Reggie get an opening like that from about 75 or 80 yards out. So far the best blocking he has had was on his TD yesterday. He only had a crease and he blew right through it.

If Reggie gets 15 carries to follow Heat hevans into the hole, he will break a couple long ones. HE is doing a marvelous job right now hitting the holes and leading the RB into a cutback lane.

Yeah, Evans is twice the blocker Karney was and Karney was pretty good (at times). Evans isn't making many blocking mistakes; I only recall one from Sunday where he got his hands on the defender but didn't engage and the defender made the tackle. Other than that, he's been outstanding. Add in the 2 TDs and the FB swap looks better and better.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom