TV HBO picks up George RR Martin series - Game of Thrones (35 Viewers)

I have been more sympathetic to Sansa than many. I think she has reacted as any typical teenager would have stuck in the same situation. Would Arya or Lyanna Mormont have reacted the same? No, but they are exceptional teenagers. Other than her looks, Sansa really wasn't an exceptional person at first. Due to her experiences, I think she may have grown into someone exceptional, but that depends on how she handles Littlefinger.

I have been more sympathetic to Sansa than many. I think she has reacted as any typical teenager would have stuck in the same situation. Would Arya or Lyanna Mormont have reacted the same? No, but they are exceptional teenagers. Other than her looks, Sansa really wasn't an exceptional person at first. Due to her experiences, I think she may have grown into someone exceptional, but that depends on how she handles Littlefinger.

Sansa was what she was raised to be - the lady of the house to be married to another powerful house. It just worked out horribly for her - should have been trained to have been a powerful lady of the house who commands the house rather than serves the house.

You guys are all over the place on this Arya / Sansa thing. I guess that's a function of what's been presented by the show. Who knows.

(from "Ask the Maester on Ringer https://www.theringer.com/game-of-t...2/ask-the-maester-night-king-jon-arya-sansa):

The Winterfell plot is wild. I really could not tell you what’s going on there or what anyone’s motivation is. Sansa being concerned about the letter she was forced to write while she was a young teenager and being held hostage in King’s Landing makes very little sense. Cersei, Littlefinger, Varys, and Pycelle were in the room when Cersei dictated that letter. Robb read it aloud to Maester Luwin and Theon. Luwin noted that the message was in “your sister’s hand, but the queen’s words.” Right after reading the letter, which demanded that he come south to swear fealty to Joffrey, Robb called the Stark banners.

The idea that this letter is not widely known is crazy. Firstly, several people witnessed Cersei threaten Sansa, and Robb surely would have mentioned it to his bannermen as a way to sell the justice of his cause. See what they’re forcing my sister to do?! Secondly, and just as importantly, people in this world are well experienced in the concept and practice of political hostage-taking. This is not some alien idea. No one would hold Sansa, who, again, was barely a teen, responsible for the words that she was forced to write while being held by the family that beheaded her father.

OK. With that out of the way, there is no evidence anywhere that Faceless Men can steal faces from a living subject. The “non-dead face swap” is not a thing. That doesn’t mean that the show won’t make it a thing. The scene in which Littlefinger tries to convince Sansa to use Brienne against Arya is strange. There’s none of the usual Littlefinger reaction shots, and he doesn’t say anything particularly insightful or, interestingly, anything that Arya wouldn’t know. It’s almost as if the show is trying to set up the suspicion that Arya is posing as Littlefinger in an attempt to get her to admit to betraying—or wanting to betray—Jon. And when Sansa (foolishly!) sends Brienne south, under this reading of the scene that would mean she “passed” Arya’s test, thus allowing the sisters to team up and take down Littlefinger. Again, there is no indication that “non-dead face swapping” is possible. But, man, weird scene.

...she was naive and self-centered, and of course she was the one who ratted out Ned's plan to Cersei...

That's what I can't get over. Ned was packed and ready to leave King's Landing for the safety of Winterfell. Sansa ran straight to Cersi and blabbed. She defied her father because she valued being a princess more than her family, and that directly resulted in their whole group there being killed (except Arya).

That's what I can't get over. Ned was packed and ready to leave King's Landing for the safety of Winterfell. Sansa ran straight to Cersi and blabbed. She defied her father because she valued being a princess more than her family, and that directly resulted in their whole group there being killed (except Arya).

And she's paid the price for that everyday since. But to blame it all on her when she was purposely groomed to believe in fairytales and follow blindly what she's told, can hardly be the entire fault of a teenage girl.

20994032_1510841472311687_3580617251781609959_n.jpg

Sansa is an idiot. Always has been. Danny has been but has gotten better.

For those in the know, the last two dragons who are actually alive, has it been confirmed that they are actually male?

Is it possible that one of them is female and they can mate and lay a clutch of eggs?

Or are there other dragon eggs in the GoT world that lie dormant waiting for someone to wake them?

i thought they were unisex

eta
Reproduction
Historians, like Septon Barth, Grand Maester Munkun, and Maester Thomax, hold markedly divergent views on the mating habits of dragons.[20] Dragons lay large, scaled eggs to reproduce.[21] According to Archmaester Gyldayn, and agreed upon by Maester Yandel, the ability of a dragon to lay eggs is proof that said dragon is female. When a dragon is never observed to have laid eggs, this is taking as proof that it must have been male.[22] However, according to Septon Barth and Maester Aemon, dragons have no fixed gender, but are “now one and now the other, as changeable as flame”,[21] Septon Barth believes that dragons can change sex at need,[22][21] but Maester Anson believes this to be erroneous, and states in his Truth that Barth's statement is simply a misunderstood esoteric metaphor.[22]

After a second viewing, I have a couple questions that might not mean anything if anyone wants to take a shot:

What happened to the first bear? (I assumed it was a second bear that attacked the red shirt from the side, but perhaps the first bear who was 100 ft behind him just teleported?)

What happened to Tormund's axe? (It's in one piece, leading up the their first attack on the small wight clan. Did he break the metal on a single wight?)

What was the one wight trying to do when he charged in on the captured wight? Was he trying to release him or unhood him?

Paying more attention to the Arya and Sansa dialogue, I'm convinced there is a lot there. We are all throwing out a lot of puzzle pieces, and I think that picture is going to come together nicely. I'm still just not sure how.

I think Arya is training Sansa in the ways of the faceless men. Sansa, in a way, always wanted to be someone else and was always putting on these masks for others to see her as this proper lady, who the kingdom gushes about. I think she admired Cersei before seeing her true colors, and ironically became more like her as she built her internal defenses. When her fairy tale was crushed, she adapted the best she could, but the more trauma she experienced, the more she lost pieces of herself.

There was something about the last dialogue scene where Arya starts the game of faces with Sansa. Arya seems to be throwing in lies about wanting to be someone she is not. And I think this is her way of teaching Sansa. Sansa believes she has to maintain this role to keep the confidence of the north. She continues to adapt in ways that mirror Cersei. I think Arya recognizes this and is putting Sansa on the fast track and training her to embrace who she truly is, her true loyalties, and fight for what she wants.

Sansa has it in her. She nearly did push Joffrey that day. Maybe Arya's training will give her the edge she needs. It's possible the first dialogue scene may set up Sansa killing Littlefinger. If Sansa embraces what she truly wants, she may pick up that dagger when no one is around (just like when no one was around when Arya first picked up the arrow) and stab Littlefinger 20-50 times, who knows, however long it takes her to find her mark. And this time, Arya may be standing behind Sansa, clapping, just as Ned did for Arya.

And she's paid the price for that everyday since. But to blame it all on her when she was purposely groomed to believe in fairytales and follow blindly what she's told, can hardly be the entire fault of a teenage girl.

I'm not sure anyone did groom her to believe in the fairytale. Katelyn Stark did not strike me as the fairytale type. She knew the darkness of life. Even her marriage to Ned was tainted by Ned having a ******* from the start. Sansa created that fairytale dream on her own and even lied for Joffrey to get it.

I'm not sure anyone did groom her to believe in the fairytale. Katelyn Stark did not strike me as the fairytale type. She knew the darkness of life. Even her marriage to Ned was tainted by Ned having a ******* from the start. Sansa created that fairytale dream on her own and even lied for Joffrey to get it.

I agree that Sansa was simply being Sansa, naive and self-centered, and the onus of her consequences ultimately falls on her, but Expatriate's point is that it is not entirely her fault. Sansa was raised to be a proper lady and basically a bargaining piece of *** for marriage to make the Stark house stronger. You can look at it any way you want, but this is the way these cultures treated their daughters.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom