TV HBO picks up George RR Martin series - Game of Thrones (4 Viewers)

Jonesy77

Banned
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score

DadsDream

We Wuz Robbed!
Reaction score
This show is what got me started on leaving captions on for TV shows.
For us it was Downton Abby first, then GOT. Watching either one without closed captioning left my wife bewildered and me trying to translate. :hihi:

Oh, opening scene at Winterfell next season!

Dani - And who might you be?
Ser Jamie - I am Jamie Lannister and I am here to help defeat the Night King and the army of the dead!
Dani - You murdered my father!
Ser Jamie - Yes, about that . . .
Dani - Dracaris.
Drogon - WHOOSH!

LOL!

Humperdoo

New Orleans Saints 2018 NFC Champs.
VIP Subscribing Member
Reaction score
I am beyond ready for the next season. And the next book. The latter I don’t think will ever happen.

Sun Wukong

Never run out of Colt 45
Reaction score
I am beyond ready for the next season. And the next book. The latter I don’t think will ever happen.
He just did an interview with The Guardian that made it sound like it wasn't close. Indeed, he kind of made it sound like the whole thing has spiraled beyond his ability to keep it together (this has long been a theory among some fans, that he kept introducing plot threads and characters beyond the scope of his original story and his inability to tie it together is why Winds of Winter still isn't out. He kind of says as much without actually saying it.). And then said he wasn't even sure if he would start on A Dream of Spring once Winds of Winter is done.

He's never going to finish them. Everyone just needs to make peace with that fact.

Humperdoo

New Orleans Saints 2018 NFC Champs.
VIP Subscribing Member
Reaction score
He just did an interview with The Guardian that made it sound like it wasn't close. Indeed, he kind of made it sound like the whole thing has spiraled beyond his ability to keep it together (this has long been a theory among some fans, that he kept introducing plot threads and characters beyond the scope of his original story and his inability to tie it together is why Winds of Winter still isn't out. He kind of says as much without actually saying it.). And then said he wasn't even sure if he would start on A Dream of Spring once Winds of Winter is done.

He's never going to finish them. Everyone just needs to make peace with that fact.
Totally agree and I already did.
Good post.

Reaction score
I'm actually thinking about just waiting and binging the series up to the finale. Staying away from spoilers would be just too difficult though.

livefromDC

Subscribing Member
VIP Subscribing Member
Reaction score
I'm actually thinking about just waiting and binging the series up to the finale. Staying away from spoilers would be just too difficult though.
I would love to do that! Except spoilers will happen. Honestly, I could avoid most spoilers because this is the only real social media I engage in. I don't even have a Facebook account. Alas, even in the friendly confines of SR, people like to post spoilers everywhere. It would be nice if they were contained to the GOT thread, but they won't be.

I've heard that there have even been spoilers from Season 8 posted on online as people piece together leaked set pictures, actor availability, etc. I'm surprised that this information hasn't made it's way into the thread yet. Props to SR for keeping the integrity of this thread in place.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Headlines

Saints Headlines (Official Site)

Top Bottom