TV HBO picks up George RR Martin series - Game of Thrones (6 Viewers)

2356383e1b300a2d3db586585fcc654d

And she, unlike Sansa, wouldn't have wanted to be betrothed to the heir.

And that is likely because she wasn't first born and told from birth that she was going to be Queen someday. Which is what you were questioning about Sansa as to why she was so naive.

Sansa's character is the one nice character subversion here
of course ASoIAF began as a huge subversion of epic/fantasy tropes - but that was using stock epic fantasy characters (warrior king, mad queen, mystics, rangers, et al) and upending their stories

with Sansa he upended the princess trope itself - it's interesting thinking of all the Disney princesses in Sansa's position - completely changes their'story and thus their character

And that is likely because she wasn't first born and told from birth that she was going to be Queen someday. Which is what you were questioning about Sansa as to why she was so naive.

That's where we disagree. Nurture means something but people are also born with certain predispositions. Plus, I don't think you get people with such radically different views of the world as Sansa and Araya just because Old Nann told her a few stories. I mean they had largely the same upbringing and while Araya was not destined to marry the heir to the throne, they certainly would have been planning to marry her off to some other great house in order to secure the future of House Stark and Winterfell. Possibly to Robin Aryn (as creepy as that might be) or Loras Tyrell. As you said, in that world female children were fodder for brokering deals and alliances. Certainly Ned gave Arya some leeway, but in the end, he was going to marry her off.

As far as what will happen regarding Arya and Sansa, I can't help but notice that Sansa are Cresei seem to be dressing more and more alike as time goes by.

Disagree all you like, but where you are placed in the hierarchy of life has a lot to do with your interests. Sibling rivalry also plays a part in the interests.

Example of predetermined life placement:

Rob Stark destined to be Warden of the North learned how to be a top notch strategist on the battlefield from Ned.

Jon Snow knows nothing.

Disagree all you like, but where you are placed in the hierarchy of life has a lot to do with your interests. Sibling rivalry also plays a part in the interests.

Rob Stark destined to be Warden of the North learned how to be a top notch strategist on the battlefield from Ned.

Jon Snow knows nothing.

Jon has been fortunate to be rescued by others a number of times. Ygritte, Stannis, Melisandre, the Knights of the Vale, Dany and the Dragons, and finally his dead uncle, Benjen. He isn't so much a hero as he is a lucky guy that seems to know the right people at the right time.

Jon has been fortunate to be rescued by others a number of times. Ygritte, Stannis, Melisandre, the Knights of the Vale, Dany and the Dragons, and finally his dead uncle, Benjen. He isn't so much a hero as he is a lucky guy that seems to know the right people at the right time.

he's rescued b/c he's a hero because he selflessly/nobly throws himself into absurd situations against ridiculous odds - he's Leerrroooyyyy Jeeennnkkiinnnssss + Aragorn

We're out shopping and I just ran through a parking lot yelling Leeeeroy Jenkins! My wife hates you Guido and SBTB.

Jon Snow knows nothing.

Yet Jon is now King of the North and Rob is dead and rotting. Apparently being raised to lead did not help Rob and being raised to be subservient didn't hurt Jon.

So, not only do I disagree, but I am also right. How you were born and/or how you were raised does not predetermine who you will be. You make that choice. Put that in your pizza oven and smoke it.

But he is rescued because people like him and respect him.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom