TV HBO picks up George RR Martin series - Game of Thrones (2 Viewers)

Jonesy77

Banned
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score

livefromDC

Subscribing Member
VIP Subscribing Member
Reaction score
Speaking of binge watching the series, there's only one episode I haven't seen multiple times. Any one care to guess which one that might be? I've missed GOT talk that does NOT have to deal with Martin not writing book 6.

Reaction score
I would love to do that! Except spoilers will happen. Honestly, I could avoid most spoilers because this is the only real social media I engage in. I don't even have a Facebook account. Alas, even in the friendly confines of SR, people like to post spoilers everywhere. It would be nice if they were contained to the GOT thread, but they won't be.

I've heard that there have even been spoilers from Season 8 posted on online as people piece together leaked set pictures, actor availability, etc. I'm surprised that this information hasn't made it's way into the thread yet. Props to SR for keeping the integrity of this thread in place.
Yes, this exactly. I was a bit late to a certain episode of TWD and a dumpster diving incident was spoiled on another post. I can't hold it against someone either as it's pop culture and using references after a few days is to be expected.

2fya

Bench Warmer
Reaction score
Just binged watched the entire series starting around first week of december.

I never wanted the give the series a chance, i didnt think it would be for me.... but...

It is absolutely fantastic and the best show i ever seen. It upsets me that any other show i watch will never match this one.

rajncajn

Lurker Extrodinaire
Reaction score
Just binged watched the entire series starting around first week of december.

I never wanted the give the series a chance, i didnt think it would be for me.... but...

It is absolutely fantastic and the best show i ever seen. It upsets me that any other show i watch will never match this one.
I've been doing the same, although this is probably my third time through the series.

Reaction score
Any other shows you recommend? I want to get attached to another show
I'm about 3 episodes into Nightflyers. It's a GRRM novella. Enjoying it so far.

The Expanse is another worth checking out.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I've had a hard time getting into it. It's good and in a genre I've always wanted to see well done on TV. But it's just so stressful. I feel exhausted after every episode. I have a hard time getting into something that does that to me in my free time.

BobE

Now with Covfefe
Reaction score

Rome. It was another HBO and it's only 2 seasons but worth it imo. Fun fact HBO cancelled Rome so they could pick up another show. That show was yup Game of Thrones.

Bronson

Excelsior!
Reaction score
You only have yourself to blame, but don't beat yourself up too much. You're like a junkie who found a new fix in some synthetic derivative of your favorite base. You burned through it and enjoyed a hell of a ride. But shows like this come around once in a lifetime. The only other current thing I can compare it to is the MCU. So if you're not caught up on all the Marvel movies, that's your best bet.

And I'll add another vote for Expanse, even though I keep falling asleep and still haven't finished the first season. I'm getting too old for this shirt.

2fya

Bench Warmer
Reaction score
Rome. It was another HBO and it's only 2 seasons but worth it imo. Fun fact HBO cancelled Rome so they could pick up another show. That show was yup Game of Thrones.
Ok good call. I will for sure watch this and give you my feedback after.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)