TV HBO picks up George RR Martin series - Game of Thrones (3 Viewers)

Streaming eats HughesNet satellite Internet bandwidth, which ain't cheap.

HughesNet NexGen5 30GB = $103 per month
Built-in Wi-Fi
25 Mbps download speeds, 3 Mbps upload speeds1
Bonus Zone - 50 GB/month of additional plan data to use during off-peak hours (2am - 8am).

My daughter once burned through a month's worth of bandwidth in one weekend, playing a live action video game.
yikes
that blows

yikes
that blows
Last year, before they had the dispute with Dish, HBO ran their GOT marathon and I was able to record all the previous seasons.
We occasionally declare an official GOT binge and watch a year's worth at once.
"Spoils of War" Episode 4, Season 7 is my favorite. The attack on the Lannister army, Arya sparring with Brianne, Jamie charging Drogon with a spear . . . just an awesome show from start to finish.

Hmm . . . London, Chefs Chavdar Todorov and Steven Estevez, wonder what the tab for this little adventure would be . . .

“Be warned: should there be murder in the air, you will be forced to choose a Kingdom: you must pledge your allegiance to the rightful heir to the throne. To which sigil are you truly loyal? Because your loyalty will have some very real consequences to your dinner plans.”

Dragons, grub and nudity: ‘Game Of Thrones’ fans can eat at this theatrical dinner event

A new Game of Thrones-inspired immersive dining experience is launching.

‘Dinner Is Coming’ invites customers to dine at The Vaults in Waterloo, London, as if they are living in the HBO fantasy drama. The experience, which revellers can book between April 9 to June 2 2019, reimagines the series – but with a twist.

Diners will be treated to the wedding feast of “Jaffrey Bearathon” and “Margarine of the Trywell Family” inside the London venue’s 30,000 square foot maze of underground tunnels.

Guests are to come dressed either as a Lord or Lady of the houses of “Easteros”, or as a warrior or as a peasant.

Read more at https://www.nme.com/news/tv/game-of...ical-dinner-event-2430922#d9Zopo9jF36F2XDd.99

Mead is frickin' delicious. So much better than Bud.
That whole commercial and ad line makes me cringe. Put another way they are saying, we make this wholly plain and boring so that it can be swilled in mass quantities by uncouth heathens.

Not saying that this applies to all that drink and like it, just that the commercials paint it as cool to eschew culture and finer craftsmanship for the sake of being like everyone else. Diet Bud has its place and is a fine enough beer in the right circumstances, but there are better out there and those are apparently hurting profits so they've resorted to some kind of frat boy ad campaign to slander the competition.

Reeks of desperation to me...

/threadjack off

That whole commercial and ad line makes me cringe. Put another way they are saying, we make this wholly plain and boring so that it can be swilled in mass quantities by uncouth heathens.

Not saying that this applies to all that drink and like it, just that the commercials paint it as cool to eschew culture and finer craftsmanship for the sake of being like everyone else. Diet Bud has its place and is a fine enough beer in the right circumstances, but there are better out there and those are apparently hurting profits so they've resorted to some kind of frat boy ad campaign to slander the competition.

Reeks of desperation to me...

/threadjack off
well that and the fussy king and queen are from 3 centuries in the future
for some reason

Less than two months to go -- sounds like we're in for quite a treat!

https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/game-thrones-does-final-season-113154373.html

The series' final major battle episode will be the long-awaited showdown between the Army of the Dead and the various characters and their factions, which will take place at Winterfell.
"It’s brutal," Peter Dinklage, who plays Tyrion Lannister, told Entertainment Weekly. "It makes the Battle of the bastages look like a theme park."
Emmy winning director Miguel Sapochnik, who directed the infamous season 6 episode Battle of the bastages, will direct the episode. The final battle reportedly took 55 days to shoot, with Sapochnik spending additional weeks on a soundstage.
Slovak actor Vladimír Furdík, who plays the dreaded Night King, revealed at a convention in Hungary that the epic climactic battle will occur much sooner than expected in the eight season.
Generally the climactic episode of each Game of Thrones season is the penultimate episode, as we've seen with episodes The Rains of Castamere, Battle of the bastages, and Beyond the Wall.
However, that won't be the case for the final season; Furdík said, as translated by Mashable that "in the third episode of the last season, there is a battle that the creators intended to be a historic moment in television."

https://www.yahoo.com/news/game-thrones-season-8-ending-081600576.html

“Everything I have seen makes me very, very confident that this is a [season] fans are going to be very happy with,” Bloys told the publication.

“It is a dramatically and emotionally thrilling way to end the series. I believe it will live up to the very high expectations.”

The Chairman and Chief Executive Officer at HBO, Richard Plepler, previously spoke about the final episodes.

“It’s a spectacle. The guys have done six movies. The reaction I had while watching them was, ‘I’m watching a movie,’” Plepler said.

For some reason, I was really late to the party.....just finished binge watching the series. WHOA!

I stayed away from this thread for good reasons. Now I can scan through 500 pages!

Not looking good for us rural Dish Network subscribers.

Dish Boss Sees HBO Blackout Continuing Through Return of ‘Game of Thrones’ — Here’s What He Says Will Happen Next
Feb 13, 2019

“Dish President and CEO W. Erik Carlson said there has been ‘no meaningful movement’ in talks with HBO about the impasse, the first in the network’s nearly five-decade history. He estimated that the blackout, which began in November, along with a separate ongoing struggle with Univision, accounted for about half of the 334,000 subscriber losses in the quarter. That gloomy stat punctuated an overall lackluster quarter, which has sent shares in Dish down sharply today.”

https://www.tvweek.com/tvbizwire/20...-thrones-heres-what-he-says-will-happen-next/

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom