TV HBO picks up George RR Martin series - Game of Thrones (19 Viewers)

This is what I've tried to convince my dear friend Guido of (I joke with you Gudio but you might be the brightest poster on this forum) He wasn't always a dumb pretty boy. Like Ned,he is tied to his honor. But he brought in the wildlings and convinced them to fight for him. He united the North when it was torn apart. He convinced Dany to fight for him.

And more importantly he beat the fork out of Ramsay and left him to Sansa. This doesn't support my argument but it was cool as hell.
1 - -thanks for the kind words and the loss of conversation from all the posters who blocked you after posting such silliness
2-- that sort of flattery might work on jon, but...

anyway, no one is arguing that Jon is not super charismatic b/c he's humblebrave
he's like a good QB that everyone loves playing for, but as a coach he's like Ditka - he DESPERATELY needs a buddy ryan (like Sansa in the BotB)

See this is why I love that GoT was so successful (other than the fact that it’s a great show). It’s allowed for production companies to really think outside the box. Let’s face it, Hollywood has been getting really stale lately. It seems like all they want to do is remakes of wildly popular movies from our childhoods and sequels.

Anyways...I’m looking forward to seeing if this will be executed properly. Zelda was always my favorite game franchise.

1 - -thanks for the kind words and the loss of conversation from all the posters who blocked you after posting such silliness
2-- that sort of flattery might work on jon, but...

anyway, no one is arguing that Jon is not super charismatic b/c he's humblebrave
he's like a good QB that everyone loves playing for, but as a coach he's like Ditka - he DESPERATELY needs a buddy ryan (like Sansa in the BotB)
What I am arguing is that in the books, he doesn’t need a Buddy Ryan. He has a very good head on his shoulders. Let’s remember that the Battle of the bastages hasn’t even happened in the books yet, so D&D’s vision of that may be completely different that that of Martin’s.

...I think the worst thing Sansa did was the lie that got her dire wolf killed (pretty bad but she was a little girl in a very precarious situation)...
I think the worst thing Sansa did was rat out Ned’s plans to leave Kings Landing to Cersei. If she kept her mouth shut the Starks would have gotten the fork out of dodge while the Baratheons and Lannisters sorted things out.

But Sansa still wanted her fairy tale with Joffrey, so she told Cersei they were planning to leave, allowing Cersei to get the jump on Ned. Which led to Ned getting beheaded, and then Robb declaring war and leaving Winterfell.

Sansa betraying Ned pretty much led to his death, Robb’s death, Catlyn’s death, and even Rickon’s death. Maybe she gets a little bit of a pass because she was still young and naive, but that was easily the worst thing she’s done.

What I am arguing is that in the books, he doesn’t need a Buddy Ryan. He has a very good head on his shoulders. Let’s remember that the Battle of the bastages hasn’t even happened in the books yet, so D&D’s vision of that may be completely different that that of Martin’s.
That’s all fine
But the show is all we really have to go on
(Evidentially Cerse is very different in the books and Tyrion got even darker after shooting Tywin)
I think all of the info, while interesting, gets in the way of dealing with the show

That’s all fine
But the show is all we really have to go on
(Evidentially Cerse is very different in the books and Tyrion got even darker after shooting Tywin)
I think all of the info, while interesting, gets in the way of dealing with the show
Yeah Tyrion gets darker because he learns something about Jamie that completely sours his relationship torwards him in the books. The show decided to leave that completely out as well.

I think the worst thing Sansa did was rat out Ned’s plans to leave Kings Landing to Cersei. If she kept her mouth shut the Starks would have gotten the fork out of dodge while the Baratheons and Lannisters sorted things out.

But Sansa still wanted her fairy tale with Joffrey, so she told Cersei they were planning to leave, allowing Cersei to get the jump on Ned. Which led to Ned getting beheaded, and then Robb declaring war and leaving Winterfell.

Sansa betraying Ned pretty much led to his death, Robb’s death, Catlyn’s death, and even Rickon’s death. Maybe she gets a little bit of a pass because she was still young and naive, but that was easily the worst thing she’s done.
‘’A bit of a pass ‘?
Yes it sucked that she did that but yes she was a very sheltered little girl who was groomed for nothing more than princess life - how are you going to fault her for wanting to be a princess?
What did Ned to do prepare her for the viper’s pit of King’s landing?

But even with that, sure, she had a direct hand in Ned’s death (Ned was MUCH more responsible tho)
AND
No way you can lay Robb & Cat onSansa
That was ALL Robb

Yeah Tyrion gets darker because he learns something about Jamie that completely sours his relationship torwards him in the books. The show decided to leave that completely out as well.

Would you mind spoiler tagging what this is?

At the banquet when those two, Brienne and pod were playing- I could have sworn there was a ‘knowing glance’ between them that seem much more about the book story than the show story

I think you’re too involved in the books to appreciate the show for what it is. You keep comparing the two. We already know the show doesn’t exactly follow the books. And frankly, we don’t care. The show is amazing.

I was referring more to Jamie knowing that Tyrion’s first wife was indeed not a prostitute and still went along with Tywin to allow his men treat her like one. Then when he goes to Essos he is constantly asking the question of where do whores go.

I think you’re too involved in the books to appreciate the show for what it is. You keep comparing the two. We already know the show doesn’t exactly follow the books. And frankly, we don’t care. The show is amazing.

Well, it used to be. Not so much these last two seasons.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom