TV HBO picks up George RR Martin series - Game of Thrones (7 Viewers)

problem has already been solved. there is no throne left, and no king's landing. for all intents and purposes it has been wiped from existence

Good point but I meant figuratively and not so much literally as in the Iron Throne or King’s Landing.

It's so interesting to me how little people pay attention to the things said/done in seasons 1-7 when they complain.

When Dany was sitting on Drogan atop the wall and you could see her anger seething, as she started to burn everything to the ground, I remembered this conversation she had with Tyrion about spokes on the wheel, where she specifically says break the wheel. She even included her own house name in there.

I don't know if her intention at this point is to establish a long lasting reign anymore. I think that she may realize by this action that both in birth and temperament, she isn't meant to be a ruler. Which leads me to wonder if she will commit suicide in the last episode in some form.

Last edited:
When Dany was sitting on Drogan atop the wall and you could see her anger seething, as she started to burn everything to the ground, I remembered this conversation she had with Tyrion about spokes on the wheel, where she specifically says that she was going to burn it all to the ground. She even included her own house name in there.

I don't know if her intention at this point is to establish a long lasting reign anymore. I think that she may realize by this action that both in birth and temperament, she isn't meant to be a ruler. Which leads me to wonder if she will commit some suicide in the last episode in some form.

To break a wheel, that means the spokes have to go, too.

Tully, Karstark, Umber, Tyrell, Bolton, and Martell are all gone.

1 Lannister
1 Greyjoy
3 Starks (if you count Bran)
1 Baratheon (thanks to Dany's proclamation)
1 Arryn
2 Targaryens

That's all that's left.

Screenshot_20190512-230906_Reddit.jpg

The hyper-compressed storyline this season meant the Mad Queen heel turn felt unearned to me. Yes it had been telegraphed in certain ways but, I dunno. Same for Jaime actually returning out of love for Cersei and not to put her down - in both cases several years of character development take a hard 180 in the 2nd to last episode.

I wish Tyrion had gone down tbh - it sucks watching what was my favorite character just get dumber and dumber

Helluva spectacle though.

Also, I mentioned last week that killing Dany still leaves a ton of Unsullied, Dothraki and a dragon to deal with, all of whom are personally loyal just to Dany.

Maybe Howland Reed will ride in with an as-yet unseen Stark-ish army to handle things

It's so interesting to me how little people pay attention to the things said/done in seasons 1-7 when they complain.

What was said/done that would indicate that one of the shows best heroes would kill all those people after the battle was decisively won.

I mean, what was the point? To make people fear you? Lady you have a dragon and you just destroyed the Lannister forces in like 5 minutes. Trust me the people are afraid. Well, they were afraid. Now they're dead.

Breaker of chains, roaster of people

The hyper-compressed storyline this season meant the Mad Queen heel turn felt unearned to me. Yes it had been telegraphed in certain ways but, I dunno. Same for Jaime actually returning out of love for Cersei and not to put her down - in both cases several years of character development take a hard 180 in the 2nd to last episode.

I wish Tyrion had gone down tbh - it sucks watching what was my favorite character just get dumber and dumber

Helluva spectacle though.

As soon as he thought Cersei had a chance at winning, he flipped. They set that up in Season 7, IIRC

What was said/done that would indicate that one of the shows best heroes would kill all those people after the battle was decisively won. I call my myself paying attention but I don't remember any indication that Dany would be willing to massacre thousands of innocent people just because.

She's ALWAYS been struggling with her nature. We've let her get away with it because we didn't like the people she was burning to death but her instinct has always been to slaughter those from whom she doesn't get what she wants. She's been talked out of it several times.

She's ALWAYS been struggling with her nature. We've let her get away with it because we didn't like the people she was burning to death but her instinct has always been to slaughter those from whom she doesn't get what she wants. She's been talked out of it several times.

She's talked about killing her enemies. I'm all for that. She talked about killing innocent people in King's Landing if Cersei didn't give up. Well they rung the bell. For the love of god they rung the bell. Everything after that was mass murder. I just don't get it. Full on mass murdering, heel turn because your friend's head got cut off?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom