TV HBO picks up George RR Martin series - Game of Thrones (14 Viewers)

Joffrey didn't have much of an arc, there's no "turn" to explain. He was a vile little pecker from the first time we saw him.

Yes he never had the equivalent of "I'm not here to be Queen of the Ashes."

He needed a scene where he said "I'm not here to be King of the butt crevasses"

Joffrey didn't have much of an arc, there's no "turn" to explain. He was a vile little pecker from the first time we saw him.

Yeah it's hard to compare Joffrey to Dany. Joff was one of the most hated villains ever because he was a sadistic little brat from the first moment we saw him. Dany on the other hand has been portrayed as kind hearted person showing nothing but kindness for people who aren't her enemies. In Essos she loved the people. She risked everything to free those slaves. Just two episodes ago she risked everything again to save humanity from total annihilation.

It makes you wonder if she ever really loved or cared about the common folk. Was she doing it just for the adulation? Like a billionaire donating millions to charity and then having a press conference about giving millions to charity. She keeps going on and on about how the people in Westeros don't love her like they did in Essos. Like a petulant teenage girl complaining about how she was more popular at her old school.

k, i've seen a meta of this story being the death of magic- -which means that drogon must die
and perhaps Dany's ultimate political move to massacre enemies and innocents
maybe this somehow kills magic inside Dany (or perhaps humanity...idk??)

but

is it a butt you'd take fishing?

No. Jon and I would go hunting. For you. Ramsay style.

Wouldn't it be strange if Drogon torches Jon and Tyrion? The Mad Queen rules over complete destruction. Roll credits. We are not guaranteed a happy ending.
I'd like to see Jon survive a fireblast from Drogon and then kill Dany. I know he was injured by fire previously, but maybe it was before he was exposed to magic. Jon has been my favorite character since the beginning, and I really hate that he has been pushed back into the shadows. I know there is this empower women movement going on but I really hate that they are doing this now after expecting so much from his character.
There is the theory that Tyrion is a Targaryen as well and we did see him have a survivable encounter with dragons, maybe HE is the one that survives the torching.

I have noticed elsewhere that some are saying that we shouldn't care about the people of Kings Landing because they cheered Ned's beheading.

True, they did. However, you have to remember that from their point of view, Ned was a confessed traitor. They didn't know he had been set up. They just saw it as the King taking care of a traitor. Their cheering really can't be held against them.

I wonder if she looks at the Seven Kingdoms as this evil place beyond salvation who murdered her family and exiled her and looks at the Free Cities as pure since that's where she was reborn. To her this might be an "us against them" where the Seven Kingdoms is the "them"

Or she's just crazy.

I have noticed elsewhere that some are saying that we shouldn't care about the people of Kings Landing because they cheered Ned's beheading.
its a difficult calculus
on one hand you have them almost raping Sansa like when she was 12
but you also have them throwing **** at Joffrey
so:idunno:

I wonder if she looks at the Seven Kingdoms as this evil place beyond salvation who murdered her family and exiled her and looks at the Free Cities as pure since that's where she was reborn. To her this might be an "us against them" where the Seven Kingdoms is the "them"
if it was that, then she would have just been on that burning trip the entire time in westeros
the most direct line we have is Varys, tyrion & Jon all want me to save KL
they all betrayed me, so...
bye bye KL

And Dany was an abused child who was sold into slavery and rape from pretty much so the first moment we saw her. Are we really surprised that someone who went from a terrible childhood where her father went crazy and was killed, resulting in her being torn from her home and raised by her sadistic brother, would end up going mad after the only true love she ever had betrayed her?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom