TV HBO picks up George RR Martin series - Game of Thrones (1 Viewer)

tenordas

Vesti le procè flamber
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Houston via New Jersey, New Orleans, Baton Rouge,
Doesnt matter. Even if Winds of Winter makes it to press, nobody is ever seeing A Dream of Spring.

He eventually might publish a final chapter as a "tease" for the book that he will never finish. He will give his different ending that features more logical arcs for John Snow, Arya, et al. and an actual climax ending, but in doing so will hamstring himself even harder on finishing because he'll have no idea how to get to what he writes as the ending.

Consiglieri

Hall-of-Famer
VIP Contributor
Reaction score

Consiglieri

Hall-of-Famer
VIP Contributor
Reaction score

Sun Wukong

Kicker's, Inc. Superfan
Reaction score
I'll use this thread bump to again remark on the fact that I've never seen something go from so hugely popular to mass abandonment in pop culture the way this show did. People don't even debate it the way they did Lost after it's controversial ending. It just...left the zeitgeist immediately after that last season, and I can't think of any comparison. It was the most popular, talked about show on TV, and you'd almost never know that now.

And also to add that GRRM will never finish the series. What a weird entry in the history of entertainment this whole franchise will be. An immensely popular television series that eradicated its goodwill in one fell swoop and a book series that was never finished.

Saint by the Bay

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
I'll use this thread bump to again remark on the fact that I've never seen something go from so hugely popular to mass abandonment in pop culture the way this show did. People don't even debate it the way they did Lost after it's controversial ending. It just...left the zeitgeist immediately after that last season, and I can't think of any comparison. It was the most popular, talked about show on TV, and you'd almost never know that now.

I watch TV series over and over. It's kind of my thing. I work from home and keep the TV going in the background, usually with things I've already seen.

I can't get myself to watch this again. The ending and final season were SO bad it makes all the other time spent feel like a waste. This is coming from a guy who just finished watching Different Strokes from beginning to end.

DaveXA

I love the Lord!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score

And also to add that GRRM will never finish the series. What a weird entry in the history of entertainment this whole franchise will be. An immensely popular television series that eradicated its goodwill in one fell swoop and a book series that was never finished.

While I agree with you that it was certainly a fall from the top, I'm still a big fan of the show. I've watched the entire series from start to finish at least twice since the last show aired and probably will again. I'd be all in for a prequel or sequel if it's done right.

guidomerkinsrules

W H A T E V I R
VIP Contributor
Reaction score

i'm doing a Lost rewatch now with one of my favorite podcasts (which actually started as a GoT pod)
i have rewatched s1-5 many times, but this will be my fist rewatch of s6 and especially the last episode
i imagine it will tell me how much (or little) i want to jump back into GoT

..man, wouldn't it be cool, if somehow there was a Clone Wars type of animated series of the last 2 seasons -maybe the same story but from alternate characters POVs
the answer is 'yes', that would be cool

livefromDC

Subscribing Member
VIP Subscribing Member
Reaction score
If the abomination that was the last season wouldn't have been released, I'm pretty sure I would have rewatched the entire series twice by now. I mean seriously, I'm working my way through the Disney movies again...I'm bored. I don't have the slightest desire to watch GoT...that's how bad the last season was. It was traumatically bad. If I even think about watching an episode, I just mad all over again. At least with Harry Potter, I can still pretend that the Cursed Child book never happened,

DCSaints_Fan

Hall-of-Famer
Reaction score

It’s a dang shame. I still say the first three Asoiaf books were the best high fantasy I’ve ever read. Books 4 and 5 also had their moments

GRRM could have been up therre with JRR Tolkien. But now, no. Unless he pulls off some type of masterpiece to end the series. But I think the show has already tainted the series to much.

St. Widge

Socially Distant
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
I watch TV series over and over. It's kind of my thing. I work from home and keep the TV going in the background, usually with things I've already seen.

I can't get myself to watch this again. The ending and final season were SO bad it makes all the other time spent feel like a waste. This is coming from a guy who just finished watching Different Strokes from beginning to end.

Yeah, I have tried to watch it again, but then I remember how disappointing the ending was. And, I didn't even have an issue with how the Night King was killed or Danny going crazy. But the last episode was so forced and campy with a solution that never would have worked for governance in that situation and the last season was just so rushed that it lost the pacing that made the show great.

Frankly, I think if they had just ended it with the death of the Night King and had Danny die in the battle, it would have been remember more fondly. Hell, they could have let it be a truly epic ending and have the Night King win.

zeetes

yo’ robbie fordz fo lyfe
VIP Subscribing Member
Reaction score
you can buy the entire digital series on google play for $49.99 not sure when it ends

Reaction score
Frankly, I think if they had just ended it with the death of the Night King and had Danny die in the battle, it would have been remember more fondly. Hell, they could have let it be a truly epic ending and have the Night King win.
And have it be where he's not that bad a dude. Like yeah, it's going to be colder than normal, but I'll let you live in peace as long as you swear fealty to me and accept my rule.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

New Orleans Saints Twitter Feed

Headlines

Top Bottom