TV HBO picks up George RR Martin series - Game of Thrones (2 Viewers)

Scorpius the Allfather

Dream Theater fanatic!
VIP Subscribing Member
Reaction score
Compared to the rest of the series, it was awful. Compared to other lesser series, it wasn't all that bad. I didn't like the last season, but I wouldn't exactly call it unwatchable, just a mess after the expectations were so high after 7 seasons.

Again, I disagree. I don't think it was awful compared to the rest of the series. I have it in 4K and will watch it but am deciding on whether to start from season 1 or not. Also, I'm busy re-watching Babylon 5 and then will watch Deep Space Nine for the first time.

guidomerkinsrules

W H A T E V I R
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
So as someone who has never watched the show, I ask-

should I or nah?
Are you a ‘along for the ride’ type or an ultimate destination type?
If you are good with taking a journey, then definitely pick it up
But if you want everything to mount to rewarding ending then don’t bother

guidomerkinsrules

W H A T E V I R
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
I disagree.
You are free to do so

I am someone who will go to great pains to continue enjoy something I have started to
- I did yeomans work in s6 of Lost To try to explain away widening plot hole gaps
I was prepared to do the same with GoT but just couldn’t
The DDs just **** the bed and continued to binge exlax
True Blood is the only show I can think of that had as precipitous a decline (GoT finished better only bc the actors were still giving their all)

Sun Wukong

Kicker's, Inc. Superfan
Reaction score
Whether you enjoy something or not is subjective. No one can say you're wrong for enjoying it, but there are some absolutely profound and objective failures of plot, pacing, and characterization in the last season. I genuinely don't understand how anyone could enjoy it because of those.

boutte

Super Forum Fanatic
Reaction score
It's still one of the best things that have ever been made for television. Same for Lost.

Reaction score
Tried this. Didn't work. I knew that mess that was coming, they had the predictable reaction to the end. It really is that bad. It's literally a conclusion so bad that it retroactively ruins what came before it.

I have watched seasons 1-6 about 6 times and 7 about 4 times. The show made me a huge fan of the books. I listen to book re-read podcasts multiple times a week. I want to defend the heck out of it and tell you about all the super small pieces of detail and foreshadowing that you missed. But after the last 3 episodes, its just not worth it. They literally killed it for me.

livefromDC

Subscribing Member
VIP Subscribing Member
Reaction score
Oh goodie, he promises...

Where's the damn book George?!?!?!

He's a liar. Why not just say, "I don't want to finish it" or "I'm going to allow Sanderson to finish it on my death"? Because, we ALL know, he's not going to finish it.

Sun Wukong

Kicker's, Inc. Superfan
Reaction score
Oh goodie, he promises...

Where's the damn book George?!?!?!

This year will mark a full decade since A Dance with Dragons was published. I say again, even if he gets Winds of Winter out (unlikely), no one on this planet is ever seeing A Dream of Spring. Ever.

Reaction score
Like 8 years ago he said he basically had the last one one, but that it was so massive he'd have to split it into two books. I wonder how much he actually had when he said that.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

New Orleans Saints Twitter Feed

Headlines

Top Bottom