TV HBO picks up George RR Martin series - Game of Thrones (1 Viewer)

Jonesy77

Banned
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
This will be pretty amazing. If you've read George RR Martin's Ice and Fire series, you'll know that HBO is the only outlet that can do this series justice. This is pretty big news, and will probably be a good reason for anyone to get HBO whenever it starts.

I recommend the books to any readers.

http://artsbeat.blogs.nytimes.com/2010/03/02/hbo-will-play-game-of-thrones/

:worthy:

helpful

I just picked up the first in this series today - and had no idea HBO had such plans. It came recommended.

I couldn't stomach much of the Seeker series :covri:

after all that time, all it did was disappoint

That's excellent news. I love, LOVE that series. I'm hoping this pushes him to finally fishing.
If done correctly this could really be EPIC

That's awesome. I heard rumors of this a while back, but they were just rumors. Dang it, I'm gonna have to start paying for HBO now...

I've never read that, but I love Martin. He was brilliant. Some of my books of Martin short stories, I'm on the 3rd or 4th copy. I wear 'em out every 4 or 5 years.

I'm less excited about this b/c I wish he'd just finish the damn series. I swear too much fame/success makes these authors lose their appetite for finishing what they started.

I'm less excited about this b/c I wish he'd just finish the damn series. I swear too much fame/success makes these authors lose their appetite for finishing what they started.

Robert Jordan said:
at least he's still alive

some site called Suduvu is doing a NCAA tournament style cage match between several sci-fi and fantasy characters. GRRM has written a brief synopsis of how Jaime might approach his upcoming bout with Cthulhu. Reasonably entertaining, especially for those of us hungry for some new GRRM writing.

http://grrm.livejournal.com/140797.html

http://www.suvudu.com/cagematch.html?ref=TextLink_Top is where you can check the bracket if you care about these things. :nerd:

Glad someone bumped this. I am also one of the rabid fans of this series! Now finish the dang series George!

I try to tell my friends how this series is going to rock and they all have to watch it. They look at me like I am crazy.

**** this series

- no real or specific spoilers below, only a general opinion but you might want to skip if you don't want any surprises spoiled when/if you read it -

This thread finally made me pick up this series after a lot of recommendations - I'm 2/3 through the 3rd book and I'm sick of it. It's very well written but I'm sick of the death. I'm tired of becoming invested in characters and -boom- dead.

I mean, I don't usually think that I am someone who has to have a happy ending - but damn...

I'm pretty much at the point of saying that any character I like is going to die. So whoever is left standing at the end - I'm probably not going to give a ****

I can't put the books down, but I also don't enjoy being ****** off and frustrated when I'm reading something I can't put down either

At least when Martin pulls a Jordan and dies before the series is finished it will be easy for some scrub to complete for him - all the "good" people, they die. Nobody makes it home. Ever. Bad people prosper.

**** this series

- no real or specific spoilers below, only a general opinion but you might want to skip if you don't want any surprises spoiled when/if you read it -

This thread finally made me pick up this series after a lot of recommendations - I'm 2/3 through the 3rd book and I'm sick of it. It's very well written but I'm sick of the death. I'm tired of becoming invested in characters and -boom- dead.

I mean, I don't usually think that I am someone who has to have a happy ending - but damn...

I'm pretty much at the point of saying that any character I like is going to die. So whoever is left standing at the end - I'm probably not going to give a ****

I can't put the books down, but I also don't enjoy being ****** off and frustrated when I'm reading something I can't put down either

At least when Martin pulls a Jordan and dies before the series is finished it will be easy for some scrub to complete for him - all the "good" people, they die. Nobody makes it home. Ever. Bad people prosper.

In a world torn apart by war, this is just the reality of life. It can be discouraging when you really like a character, then watch him/her die, but it works both ways. Also...not all deaths are what they seem.

In a world torn apart by war, this is just the reality of life.

more quasi spoilers*******************

yea - I get that. I know it might not seem like it and that I'm just some namby pamby looking for happily ever after. But I'm not -

It just seems like the balance of violence, death, betrayal, and despair is so tilted in one direction that they no longer seem like cool, novel plot twists but predictable deaths depending on which side of the fight they're on.

It's really annoying - the last couple of major player deaths weren't surprises at all and when it happened, it made me more confident that my expect-death-for-Team-B approach is rolling along.

As per usual, my analysis was spot on. Sadly :(

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom