TV HBO picks up George RR Martin series - Game of Thrones (1 Viewer)

tumblr_peluq8MY6V1qgvxlq_540.jpg

Well it did.
And Picard is always a welcome sight for these sore eyes.

“Make it so, number one.”

Attachments

• D978CFAA-21E6-4A5D-BC5B-849B0717328B.gif
    D978CFAA-21E6-4A5D-BC5B-849B0717328B.gif
    476.3 KB · Views: 1
I find it intresting that Jon Snow and Daenerys don't finally meet until last season and when they do, Snow just looks at her as just one more spoiled, entitled former royal who thinks she has some divine right to rule. You can tell in that scene at first Snow doesn't take her seriously, why would he? He has seen, done, and witnessed things far more unbelievable, brutal, and unimaginable then she or anyone else of her entourage, army could fathom. And despite Daenerys' father (Mad King) being ousted from the Iron Throne and her life in exile, she comes from royalty and wasn't treated like an illegitimate bastage of a great northern family, the Starks, who's stepmother hated him, most of his family, except Arya, teased and mocked him. He's a self-made man in the purest, rawest sense imaginable in the world of Westeros and she's some spoiled ex-royal turned wannabe Che Guevera with dragons.

Another thing, Ned Stark's death and how his legacy sort of over-arcs the entire series proves Oscar Wilde was right about everyone loving you when your dead. Friends, foes, enemies of the Starks since the penultimate episode of the first season where Ned Stark's beheaded, they all tell his wife, sons, daughters, Jon Snow how much they respected and liked the guy. Jaime Lannister, Tywin Lannister, Cersei, their father, hell even Bruce and Ramsey Boldin at different points in the show admit they liked or respected Ned Stark, even the guy who betrayed him, LittleFinger, told Snow how much he respected his father while both were in the Stark family crypt.

True story.

My wife and I were re-watching the episode where Jon has captured Ygritte.
"I can't understand what she's saying with that accent," my wife said.
So, I turned on the closed captioning.

"I know how."
"You know nothing, Jon Snow."

My wife started chuckling to herself. For the first time, she realized what the heck they were talking about! :hihi:

This show is what got me started on leaving captions on for TV shows.

This show is what got me started on leaving captions on for TV shows.
For us it was Downton Abby first, then GOT. Watching either one without closed captioning left my wife bewildered and me trying to translate. :hihi:

Oh, opening scene at Winterfell next season!

Dani - And who might you be?
Ser Jamie - I am Jamie Lannister and I am here to help defeat the Night King and the army of the dead!
Dani - You murdered my father!
Ser Jamie - Yes, about that . . .
Dani - Dracaris.
Drogon - WHOOSH!

LOL!

I am beyond ready for the next season. And the next book. The latter I don’t think will ever happen.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom