TV HBO picks up George RR Martin series - Game of Thrones (3 Viewers)

I am beyond ready for the next season. And the next book. The latter I don’t think will ever happen.

He just did an interview with The Guardian that made it sound like it wasn't close. Indeed, he kind of made it sound like the whole thing has spiraled beyond his ability to keep it together (this has long been a theory among some fans, that he kept introducing plot threads and characters beyond the scope of his original story and his inability to tie it together is why Winds of Winter still isn't out. He kind of says as much without actually saying it.). And then said he wasn't even sure if he would start on A Dream of Spring once Winds of Winter is done.

He's never going to finish them. Everyone just needs to make peace with that fact.

He just did an interview with The Guardian that made it sound like it wasn't close. Indeed, he kind of made it sound like the whole thing has spiraled beyond his ability to keep it together (this has long been a theory among some fans, that he kept introducing plot threads and characters beyond the scope of his original story and his inability to tie it together is why Winds of Winter still isn't out. He kind of says as much without actually saying it.). And then said he wasn't even sure if he would start on A Dream of Spring once Winds of Winter is done.

He's never going to finish them. Everyone just needs to make peace with that fact.

Totally agree and I already did.
Good post.

I'm actually thinking about just waiting and binging the series up to the finale. Staying away from spoilers would be just too difficult though.

I'm actually thinking about just waiting and binging the series up to the finale. Staying away from spoilers would be just too difficult though.

I would love to do that! Except spoilers will happen. Honestly, I could avoid most spoilers because this is the only real social media I engage in. I don't even have a Facebook account. Alas, even in the friendly confines of SR, people like to post spoilers everywhere. It would be nice if they were contained to the GOT thread, but they won't be.

I've heard that there have even been spoilers from Season 8 posted on online as people piece together leaked set pictures, actor availability, etc. I'm surprised that this information hasn't made it's way into the thread yet. Props to SR for keeping the integrity of this thread in place.

Speaking of binge watching the series, there's only one episode I haven't seen multiple times. Any one care to guess which one that might be? I've missed GOT talk that does NOT have to deal with Martin not writing book 6.

I would love to do that! Except spoilers will happen. Honestly, I could avoid most spoilers because this is the only real social media I engage in. I don't even have a Facebook account. Alas, even in the friendly confines of SR, people like to post spoilers everywhere. It would be nice if they were contained to the GOT thread, but they won't be.

I've heard that there have even been spoilers from Season 8 posted on online as people piece together leaked set pictures, actor availability, etc. I'm surprised that this information hasn't made it's way into the thread yet. Props to SR for keeping the integrity of this thread in place.
Yes, this exactly. I was a bit late to a certain episode of TWD and a dumpster diving incident was spoiled on another post. I can't hold it against someone either as it's pop culture and using references after a few days is to be expected.

Just binged watched the entire series starting around first week of december.

I never wanted the give the series a chance, i didnt think it would be for me.... but...

It is absolutely fantastic and the best show i ever seen. It upsets me that any other show i watch will never match this one.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom