TV HBO picks up George RR Martin series - Game of Thrones (2 Viewers)

Three months to go!

About 2 months too long to wait! I just started rewatching the series to get ready for this season. I should be done in a month. That leaves 2 months of anticipation to suffer through!

**** this series

- no real or specific spoilers below, only a general opinion but you might want to skip if you don't want any surprises spoiled when/if you read it -

This thread finally made me pick up this series after a lot of recommendations - I'm 2/3 through the 3rd book and I'm sick of it. It's very well written but I'm sick of the death. I'm tired of becoming invested in characters and -boom- dead.

I mean, I don't usually think that I am someone who has to have a happy ending - but damn...

I'm pretty much at the point of saying that any character I like is going to die. So whoever is left standing at the end - I'm probably not going to give a ****

I can't put the books down, but I also don't enjoy being ****** off and frustrated when I'm reading something I can't put down either

At least when Martin pulls a Jordan and dies before the series is finished it will be easy for some scrub to complete for him - all the "good" people, they die. Nobody makes it home. Ever. Bad people prosper.

I just pumped this post because it is funny and absolutely painfully true. I don't think I'm going to like the outcome of the season, but I can't help but watch it now. Hurry up already!

Update on my lack of HBO in rural Hancock County . . .

Since mid-October, Dish Network and HBO have not resolved their issues, so HBO is still not available on Dish or Sling.
Meanwhile, AT&T, which owns HBO, is bombarding my mailbox with offers to bundle DirectTV, AT&T U-Verse and cellphone.
I'm with Dish TV, HughesNet Internet and Verizon cellphones because there is no AT&T cell coverage at my house.
Local folks advise U-Verse in our area sucks.
C-Spire owns the nearest cell towers and they don't share with AT&T.
The closest cable connection is about 8 miles away.
I imagine I'll be looking at all alternatives before April.

Update on my lack of HBO in rural Hancock County . . .

Since mid-October, Dish Network and HBO have not resolved their issues, so HBO is still not available on Dish or Sling.
Meanwhile, AT&T, which owns HBO, is bombarding my mailbox with offers to bundle DirectTV, AT&T U-Verse and cellphone.
I'm with Dish TV, HughesNet Internet and Verizon cellphones because there is no AT&T cell coverage at my house.
Local folks advise U-Verse in our area sucks.
C-Spire owns the nearest cell towers and they don't share with AT&T.
The closest cable connection is about 8 miles away.
I imagine I'll be looking at all alternatives before April.
no amazon or smart tv?

no amazon or smart tv?
Streaming eats HughesNet satellite Internet bandwidth, which ain't cheap.

HughesNet NexGen5 30GB = $103 per month
Built-in Wi-Fi
25 Mbps download speeds, 3 Mbps upload speeds1
Bonus Zone - 50 GB/month of additional plan data to use during off-peak hours (2am - 8am).

My daughter once burned through a month's worth of bandwidth in one weekend, playing a live action video game.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom