TV HBO picks up George RR Martin series - Game of Thrones (2 Viewers)

she wasn't eating and while that's not proof, it's decent circumstantial evidence that she had an inkling about the poisoning

when she said "jon' she mean the initial blabbing even after her begging
so when tyrion says 'varys' she just hears it as 'also varys'

s1-4 this would be sound reasoning
s7&8 just don't have 'there wouldn't be time' as part of their calcalus

i still feel there's no possible way she didn't know
and she would let tyrion live and see it all as punishment like we've talked about

Yeah but her threat of your next mistake will be your last is a threat on his life. And since she just firebombed King's Landing I doubt she will show mercy to Tyrion.

The more I think about it the more her torching the city makes sense. She’s gone in easy each time. Go to save Jon gets a dragon killed instead of going in with 3 lit up dragons. Go into kings landing the first time with the plan, and get another dragon killed. She’s now seen how vicious Cersei is. She has seen how the only way you can trust her is to totally destroy the place, as the idea of total war is. Instead of listening to Jon and Tyrian and being all honorable, she went Dothraki. Robert said it in the beginning. With the Dothraki hoard behind her they would totally destroy their cities and the people. The Dothraki are not nice people. She finally became the Khaleesi. Total complete destruction. Khal Drogo would be proud.

The battle was not over. The WAR was over. She would have had time to win the hearts and minds had she not become a mass murderer the likes of which Westeros had never seen.
See? This is what comes from getting too wrapped up in Jonbroness
Dany has been repeatedly and continually up front about her issues in Westeros
From the first night in dragonstone until the last night - the problem has been they view her as an outsider and everyone treats her like the new girl in middle school lunch
And NO ONE has an answer for her
Jon was like ‘you are my queen ‘ but picked his family over her
Tyrion and Varys told her what not to do, but not how she could win over the people

At that moment she heard the bells she had zero indication that westerosi hearts and minds were available

The more I think about it the more her torching the city makes sense. She’s gone in easy each time. Go to save Jon gets a dragon killed instead of going in with 3 lit up dragons. Go into kings landing the first time with the plan, and get another dragon killed. She’s now seen how vicious Cersei is. She has seen how the only way you can trust her is to totally destroy the place, as the idea of total war is. Instead of listening to Jon and Tyrian and being all honorable, she went Dothraki. Robert said it in the beginning. With the Dothraki hoard behind her they would totally destroy their cities and the people. The Dothraki are not nice people. She finally became the Khaleesi. Total complete destruction. Khal Drogo would be proud.
So are you saying that she is no longer the breaker of chains, but a slaver (as that is what the Dothraki truly are)? Are you okay with this? How does she rule over Mereen as well if she is now a slaver? To me a tyrant is the same as a slaver anyway, so even if you don’t think she is a slaver, the question still stands.

From the first night in dragonstone until the last night - the problem has been they view her as an outsider and everyone treats her like the new girl in middle school lunch
Tyrion and Varys told her what not to do, but not how she could win over the people

At that moment she heard the bells she had zero indication that westerosi hearts and minds were available

But that’s kind of the point.

If Jon Snow had realized everyone wanted him dead, he would have tried to talk them out of it until they killed him, not murder them all.

Well if she were not a tyrant, and saw that the Westerosi did not really want her to rule over them, she should have left. Her family was overthrown. At that point she really has no entitlement to the throne. The people should be able to choose who they want to follow just like the North did with Jon.

So are you saying that she is no longer the breaker of chains, but a slaver (as that is what the Dothraki truly are)? Are you okay with this? How does she rule over Mereen as well if she is now a slaver? To me a tyrant is the same as a slaver anyway, so even if you don’t think she is a slaver, the question still stands.

No, I’m simply saying she came to win. She’d tried the be nice and people would welcome her (which is what she was always told). Losing Missandei in the way that she did, after losing her dragon was too much to play nice. Chips all in. She came to win. She had been betrayed, misled, two dead children, and smugly given the finger so to speak by the Queen. She came to win.

OK, rewatching now.. apologize if someone's said this exact same thing but as Tyrion is trying to sell Dany on sparing the people of KL, Dany says they "think our Mercy is our weakness." And at the end of the scene when Tyrion is talking about the ringing of the bell, Dany and Grey Worm exchange a look.

I think Dany decided she'd display the exact opposite of what she perceived Cersei to believe was her weakness. After Cersei killed Misandei, Dany broke and decided that no matter what she was burning down KL.

Well if she were not a tyrant, and saw that the Westerosi did not really want her to rule over them, she should have left. Her family was overthrown. At that point she really has no entitlement to the throne. The people should be able to choose who they want to follow just like the North did with Jon.
Well let’s be clear- the north was able to choose bc there really wasn’t anyone with a claim to Winterfell

But I think 2884, has the right take - think of Dany less as a tyrant and more as a revolutionary (and perhaps a bit of a zealot)
But if you want to talk claim, walking into a fire and coming out unburnt with 3 baby dragons, is 100x more of a ‘claim’ than anyone else who’s ruled in Westeros

She made the Dothraki renounce their ways

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom