TV HBO picks up George RR Martin series - Game of Thrones (4 Viewers)

I don't recall that. But Ramsay was crazy. :)

And that's the only person that ever said that of Jon as far as I recall and Ramsay wasn't really a very good fighter other than with dogs and bow. I took that as Ramsay giving an excuse other than no I'm not fighting you one on one because I am a giant wuss. Especially because I don't recall anyone else saying that Jon was some amazing swordsman.
That’s not the case either. Go back and watch some of the seasons with Ramsay. There were scenes of him training, with and decidedly beating, 4-5 men at a time. Also when the iron born came to try to free Theon, he was not really a coward. He knew how to handle himself quite well.

Last edited:
Euron's magic fleet...

Again, not a plot hole. Improbable, maybe, but not impossible. They knew where she would be sailing to and the Iron Born are the best sailors in Westeros and possibly the world. They made a living as pirates who snuck up on unsuspecting victims. And this was easy since they know exactly where she sailed from and where she was going. Then they found a hidden bay and popped out for a surprise attack. Improbable that Dany doesn't see them from up high? Sure, but she was busy being happy about being up there with her kids and until that point, nothing other than the NK and his rocket arm, had ever posed the slightest threat to the dragons so she likely wasn't even bothering to look for danger. In fact, one dragon had already taken a scorpion bolt point blank and it barely phased him.

That’s not the case either. Go back and watch some of the seasons with Ramsay. There were scenes of him training, with and decidedly beating, 4-5 men at a time. Also when the iron born came to try to free Theon, he was not really a coward. He knew how to handle himself quite well.

You may be right about Jon and Ramsay. But, even if Jon's and Ramsay's skill and bravery rivals Ser Arthur Dayne, that doesn't make Arya killing the NK a plot hole. It just makes it a different choice that some may like and others may not.

You may be right about Jon and Ramsay. But, even if Jon's and Ramsay's skill and bravery rivals Ser Arthur Dayne, that doesn't make Arya killing the NK a plot hole. It just makes it a different choice that some may like and others may not.
agreed
aside from Bran, arya is the next character who was most likely to be the NK killer (bc of assasin training)
all of our heroes - and Jon in particular - had faced off v the NK and lost (Jon a couple of times)
and nothing told us that Jon had leveled up to be able to take out NK -- esp when we saw NK was immune to dragon fire

agreed
aside from Bran, arya is the next character who was most likely to be the NK killer (bc of assasin training)
all of our heroes - and Jon in particular - had faced off v the NK and lost (Jon a couple of times)
and nothing told us that Jon had leveled up to be able to take out NK -- esp when we saw NK was immune to dragon fire
Your ability to revise history is amazing ?

Jon never directly faced off against the Night King. The night King seems to have always been to scared to fight Jon. Just like the battle of Winterfell.

Your ability to revise history is amazing ?

Jon never directly faced off against the Night King. The night King seems to have always been to scared to fight Jon. Just like the battle of Winterfell.

Probably because Jon had a Valyrian steel sword. He likely knew that was the only weapon (other than maybe dragon glass) that could kill him. And, since he was the one thing anyone could kill that would stop the army of the dead, it makes sense for him to stay away from any fighting, much less one on one combat with any dude that is carrying one of the few weapons that could actually kill him. Which again, is why the person to kill him would have to be a person who could sneak up on him and kill him in a surprise attack. He's not going to face anyone one on one that has a weapon that could kill him when he knows the only way the living can win is to kill him using a Valyrian steel weapon.

I don’t buy that. They had TWO YEARS to plan it out and get it right. They should have easily been able to avoid plot holes.
mostly agree with St Widge
but
there are some plot holes employed for convenience sake (or comedy, unfortunately)
Varys all of a sudden being bested at spy craft -- I'll even cede that you could argue he got sloppy with pushing for some treason with Tyrion and then Jon bc he felt armageddon was approaching - but him being clumsy with a little bird is completely unsupported by the story so far

Tyrion not being able to speak high valaryian better - makes no sense and is only there for a bad joke

maybe the mountain not listening to cersei, qyburn

most everything else is either mcguffin magic euron, golden company, but mostly it's just rushed/shortcut story telling

Watched it again last night. The scorpions were beyond useless. They only got off two shots. All those scorpions on ships and around the walls, I counted two shots. I understand that Dany flew out of the sun but you'd think that they had no idea that a dragon was coming.

They made a point to show us that the scorpions were a viable threat. Bron was able to hit Drogon with what was basically a prototype. Then in the last episode they couldn't miss. They were able to land clean shots with ease. That was a little uneven but it's a minor thing for me.

The "battle" was embarrassing. It was awesome to see the full extent of a full grown dragon's power. It was like Drogon was breathing napalm laced with C4. Just imagine if Dany would've went straight to King's Landing when she had all three!

Watched it again last night. The scorpions were beyond useless. They only got off two shots. All those scorpions on ships and around the walls, I counted two shots. I understand that Dany flew out of the sun but you'd think that they had no idea that a dragon was coming.

They made a point to show us that the scorpions were a viable threat. Bron was able to hit Drogon with what was basically a prototype. Then in the last episode they couldn't miss. They were able to land clean shots with ease. That was a little uneven but it's a minor thing for me.

The "battle" was embarrassing. It was awesome to see the full extent of a full grown dragon's power. It was like Drogon was breathing napalm laced with C4. Just imagine if Dany would've went straight to King's Landing when she had all three!

In retrospect, had Dany gone straight to King's Landing when she got there and taken it, maybe the NK is never able to knock down the wall and the army of the dead all ends up being burned down at the base of the wall by three dragons? I mean, she could have done it then without burning the whole city and she wouldn't have already been out of her mind and the Mad Queen when she got there.

She should have listened to Lady Olenna and been a dragon right then and there. She could have just burned the Red Keep and many lives would have been saved.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom