TV HBO picks up George RR Martin series - Game of Thrones (2 Viewers)

Does anyone think they will do a movie ten years down the road. They’ve done it with a few HBO series, sex and the city, just had the Deadwood one. A Soprano one was planned before Gandolfini died.
If they did it right, might get the bitter taste out of everyone’s mouth and would probably kill at the box office.

No one seems to care about this show.

In fact, I hardly ever see or hear anyone even reference GoT anymore except to talk about how terrible the last season was. That thing went from cultural phenomenon to collectively abandoned in record time.
It will be reclaimed eventually
Lost seems to be going through something like that atm
If the ancillary shows hit and they get some distance from the DDs
BUT
It’s probably also going to be at the mercy of the streaming wars so who knows??

I'm currently starting season 7 of my second run through the series. Don't regret rewatching. It's still one of the best series ever imo. I think had they done a ten episode season for 7 and 8, and stayed true to how 1-6 were done, I think the discussion would have been much different. That said, I'm not as disappointed now as i was in season 8 the first time around. I know what I'm getting and it's sort of growing on me.

I'm definitely in for the prequel and any other related shows.

I'm currently starting season 7 of my second run through the series. Don't regret rewatching. It's still one of the best series ever imo. I think had they done a ten episode season for 7 and 8, and stayed true to how 1-6 were done, I think the discussion would have been much different. That said, I'm not as disappointed now as i was in season 8 the first time around. I know what I'm getting and it's sort of growing on me.

I'm definitely in for the prequel and any other related shows.
yeh, i think the "show is garbage" bandwaggon was a bit overblown. It wasn't near as bad as the negative hype snowball it became, but people are fickle and will turn on dime if they feel they aren't getting what their deserved. Esp. the younger viewers who forget what event televesion used to be like in the 80's.

Doesnt matter. Even if Winds of Winter makes it to press, nobody is ever seeing A Dream of Spring.

He eventually might publish a final chapter as a "tease" for the book that he will never finish. He will give his different ending that features more logical arcs for John Snow, Arya, et al. and an actual climax ending, but in doing so will hamstring himself even harder on finishing because he'll have no idea how to get to what he writes as the ending.

I'll use this thread bump to again remark on the fact that I've never seen something go from so hugely popular to mass abandonment in pop culture the way this show did. People don't even debate it the way they did Lost after it's controversial ending. It just...left the zeitgeist immediately after that last season, and I can't think of any comparison. It was the most popular, talked about show on TV, and you'd almost never know that now.

And also to add that GRRM will never finish the series. What a weird entry in the history of entertainment this whole franchise will be. An immensely popular television series that eradicated its goodwill in one fell swoop and a book series that was never finished.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom