TV HBO picks up George RR Martin series - Game of Thrones (3 Viewers)

I disagree.
You are free to do so

I am someone who will go to great pains to continue enjoy something I have started to
- I did yeomans work in s6 of Lost To try to explain away widening plot hole gaps
I was prepared to do the same with GoT but just couldn’t
The DDs just **** the bed and continued to binge exlax
True Blood is the only show I can think of that had as precipitous a decline (GoT finished better only bc the actors were still giving their all)

It's still one of the best things that have ever been made for television. Same for Lost.

Tried this. Didn't work. I knew that mess that was coming, they had the predictable reaction to the end. It really is that bad. It's literally a conclusion so bad that it retroactively ruins what came before it.

I have watched seasons 1-6 about 6 times and 7 about 4 times. The show made me a huge fan of the books. I listen to book re-read podcasts multiple times a week. I want to defend the heck out of it and tell you about all the super small pieces of detail and foreshadowing that you missed. But after the last 3 episodes, its just not worth it. They literally killed it for me.

Oh goodie, he promises...

Where's the damn book George?!?!?!

He's a liar. Why not just say, "I don't want to finish it" or "I'm going to allow Sanderson to finish it on my death"? Because, we ALL know, he's not going to finish it.

Oh goodie, he promises...

Where's the damn book George?!?!?!

This year will mark a full decade since A Dance with Dragons was published. I say again, even if he gets Winds of Winter out (unlikely), no one on this planet is ever seeing A Dream of Spring. Ever.

Like 8 years ago he said he basically had the last one one, but that it was so massive he'd have to split it into two books. I wonder how much he actually had when he said that.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom