HBO planning Watchmen series... (1 Viewer)

The first episode was just ok for me, nothing that made me want to keep watching. And I wasn't going to bother until I checked in on this thread to see the reactions.

Glad I did. Each episode gets better and keeps building. By episode 3, I was hooked.

For anyone on the fence, this is one of the best shows on tv right now.

I pieced some things together from pods and such
I am intrigued by the idea that Trieu is ‘hording’ Intelligence
by cloning her mom as her daughter it seems like she is trying to create some intelligence inheritance loop

Trent Reznor's score to this series is amazing. His cover of Life On Mars? (of course) that ended the last episode was perfect. Made me really miss Bowie.

Like, I know he hates EVERYTHING. So I probably already know the answer. But I wonder if there’s any chance Alan Moore could at least think this is not terrible?

serious question for those who like it

is this good because it is good, or is it good like you think the movie was good? if it is comic like good, then i may watch.

is this good because it is good, or is it good like you think the movie was good? if it is comic like good, then i may watch.

It's good because it's good. I thought the movie was a fine adaptation of the source material, except for the obvious changes to Veidt's plan. This, honestly, is on a different level. It understands the world that it's playing in, the characters from the original books, and plays with some of them (on top of a whole bunch of other new characters) in interesting ways, creating something that's new and original while still being respectful of the source material. It also offers meaningful reflections on race and how it affects everyone, up to and including these last two episodes. It's deep without being too dense, it's incredibly well done, and as someone who usually doesn't go back and rewatch shows, I'll be giving this one another viewing once it's wrapped. I hope they're in no rush and give Lindelof all the time he needs to craft something as compelling as this first season, but I do hope that they do another season some time in the future.

I never read the comic but was generally familiar with the basics of the characters and story. I liked the movie. The TV show is better than the movie, but its also telling a different (though related) story.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom