HBO planning Watchmen series... (2 Viewers)

Definitely walks. They didn’t spend all season talking about eggs (or the “it’s important for you to see me on the water for later” line) to have her fall in.

I thought they did fantastic job with this. They really nailed the spirit of Watchmen -- the tone, pacing, non-linear storytelling -- all so good. And as much as I enjoyed the season, I actually kind of hope they leave it be. Without a really compelling reason to extend the story I think additional seasons might only cheapen what they were able to accomplish.

I'm going to say falls but walks later. I think having it work instantly takes away the drama of "will it work". It doesn't have to be instant.
agreed
the image in my head is that she falls, we laugh and 'ha ha', then she rises and we cheer
but if it's in my head then lindlehof* won't be doing that
(*interesting rumor that he is interested in ryan coogler taking over)

another thing to chew over is that Dr M did not go anywhere
the process was broken before Trieu took over the power, so...???

I'm kinda disappointed that she apparently ate the egg the same day she had the thought.

I'd think that if she believed it was going to work, it would be something you'd want to contemplate for a little while, especially since it doesn't appear that there is any immediate threat that needs that type of power to defeat.

agreed
the image in my head is that she falls, we laugh and 'ha ha', then she rises and we cheer
but if it's in my head then lindlehof* won't be doing that
(*interesting rumor that he is interested in ryan coogler taking over)

another thing to chew over is that Dr M did not go anywhere
the process was broken before Trieu took over the power, so...???

Yeah, I know he “died,” but...this would be the third time he rebuilt himself after being ripped apart and “killed,” after the original Gila Flats incident, then walking through Veidt’s “Plan A” on 11/2. It should be old hat to expect he could return at this point.

I'm kinda disappointed that she apparently ate the egg the same day she had the thought.

I'd think that if she believed it was going to work, it would be something you'd want to contemplate for a little while, especially since it doesn't appear that there is any immediate threat that needs that type of power to defeat.
but also she's hella traumatized and confused at this point
she's gone through a LOT in the last few hours

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom