HBO planning Watchmen series... (1 Viewer)

The show has been amazing so far but I'm hesitant to get too invested. I'm very worried, for obvious reasons, that the writer is going to at some point say, "you're concentrating on the wrong thing, it's not important how or why this occurred so it wont be divulged." **** that, bull. Give us a complete damn story.

I love it.

I too am scared of the fact that "Mr. Lost" has opened up about 25 different threads that deserve their own resolution (Lube Man?) but for now I'm really enjoying it. And I appreciate the way that its tied to the comic without being a remake - that was always going to be the hardest part and I think they settled on a great middle ground.

Last night's episode 'This Extraordinary Being' was one of the best episodes of TV I've seen. Holy cow.

I'm not sure how comic fans will feel about the Hooded Justice origin story but it was incredible TV.

Last edited:
Last night's episode 'This Extraordinary Being' was one of the best episodes of TV I've seen. Holy cow.

I'm not sure how comic fans will feel about the Hooded Justice origin story but it was incredible TV.
Yep, best episode of the season so far. I think it’s been pretty obvious that Will was going to be Hooded Justice since the opening scene with the silent movie and hooded Marshall, but the way they got there was just fantastic.

Woah...what did I just watch?

Okay, so I hear that this show is being done by the same guy that did The Leftovers. I had huge problems with the premise of that show and it resulted in me not being able to get into. That however is a different story.

So here I am sitting down to watch what I thought was a comic book adaptation and seeing something totally different. I hadn't heard of the show until someone asked me if I had saw the first episode. So I'm watching expecting a superhero arc to develop and what I got was...was...well, I dont know. But

I enjoyed it.
That’s the thing — Watchmen isn’t about superheroes, Watchmen is about people who wear masks. It’s an important distinction.

Beyond that it’s about what the world would look like (the ripple effect) if there actually were masked vigilantes, and ultimately (with Dr. Manhattan) a real super-being. But at it’s core it’s about damaged people and what drives them.

Well then.

Also saw this on Reddit and I can’t even.

The dildo was named Excalibur. It was for Laurie. Therefore it was literally for the Ex of Cal Abar

giphy.gif

Watchmen is just on a different level than any other show (in a number of ways)
Can’t reme how exactly I felt about season 1 of The Leftovers, but it wound up being my favorite show ever
I think tonight’s episode vaulted Watchmen over season 1 of Leftovers

It took me a little bit to get into it but as each episode got deeper and deeper it peeked my interest. Now I have to see it through to the end.
There are bigger things at work here that we don't know about.....;)

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom