TV HBO's Westworld (1 Viewer)

I think the first two seasons were some of the most brilliant television I've ever seen. This season had been a bit comical and a small letdown. It feels like they've lost the tone or someone new is running the series. Just feels a little off and weird. The story line itself is still interesting, though.

I am a little late to the party because I re-watched season 2 before watching this one. The beginning of season 3 made me think that it was going to be my favorite season yet. the 4th episode (I think) where Caleb gets drugged kind of lost me for a bit. "Ride of the Valkaries" really? so cliche. But by the end, it brought me back a bit.

One thing I worry about is there was no build up in this world. They went right to the source of mass chaos. I am concerned that they have not left themselves anywhere to go in another season. Aren't Sci Fi shows generally infinitely more in danger of jumping a shark than other shows?
I kind of loved "The Love Story" Genre; but, yeah, I'm sort of feeling shark bit. Who's who, what's what ... and then it all gets reset again with another "construct". And when does The Architect show up to "explain" it all?

I think this is one of the best seasons. Each episode is better than the previous. Yeah it’s faced paced but I think it’s a natural progression from the build up of the first 2 seasons. This season may seem different because for the most part in previous seasons they were in an amusement park. Unbeknownst to the patrons that their info was being compiled.

Seasons 1-2 are great too. The story was more drawn out, not in a bad way, to set everything up. They always alluded to the world outside of the park, Delos, characters. I always speculated what that world was like. I think they knocked that out of the park. Nice cyberpunk feel. Futuristic. But it all feels natural.

This season is the climax to the build up of the first 2 seasons. I think the details, acting, atmosphere, locations and tech are excellent. Each episode is like a movie. Plus it’s only 8 episodes instead of 10.

I’m sure I’m leaving stuff out. But this is like an 8 hour movie that gets better and better all the way to the end.

Last edited:
I kind of loved "The Love Story" Genre; but, yeah, I'm sort of feeling shark bit. Who's who, what's what ... and then it all gets reset again with another "construct". And when does The Architect show up to "explain" it all?

I think maybe this week or next. Wasn't somthing coming up out of the mothers milk dip whatever it is they are made of. I was half expecting to hear "hello, Clarice"

And something else I didn’t mention before. Some of the shots the have chosen from Singapore and Spain are freaking stunning. The architecture they found in this world to represent the future world is very impressive

edit: has interest in it petered out for many? It would seem so by the popularity of this thread. Picking up HBO with Prime has been a Covid godsend for me. Westworld, Chernobyl and several movies have kept me occupied.

I am still watching, and it has become a lot easier to follow. It seems as though they've moved away from the "Let's do everything we possibly can to intentionally confuse our audience" philosophy, thankfully.

I also like that we are in an unknown future world where we know some major event or nuclear war took place, and there is a lot of very cool tech being shown. It also looks like there is some sort of frequent rocket/space launching going on that isn't anything outside of the norm ,based on character reactions to it (none); wonder what that could be about?

I am also curious as to what people are looking at when they look at their watches and see that burning black circle thing. There is something significant about those things that I feel will be revealed at some point, as they're used very heavily throughout the season with transition scenes; at first I thought it was just a cool graphic, but now we are starting to see it appear a good bit in-universe.

And something else I didn’t mention before. Some of the shots the have chosen from Singapore and Spain are freaking stunning. The architecture they found in this world to represent the future world is very impressive

That's what I told my wife recently. At worst, even if you're not totally getting what all you're viewing as far as the dialogue, the show is spectacular enough just with all the awesome visuals (you know, the buildings, and the beautiful, uh, terrain and stuff :LOL:), and cool sci-fi future tech.

I am also curious as to what people are looking at when they look at their watches and see that burning black circle thing. There is something significant about those things that I feel will be revealed at some point, as they're used very heavily throughout the season to transition scenes. At first I thought it was just a cool graphic, but now we are starting to see it appear a good bit in-universe.

To the best that I have gathered, it’s synced with the future prediction machine. It shows how much is harmonized with what is actually happening and what the machine predicts. The black peaks are outliers or inconsistencies and that is why when Dolores shows everyone their own profiles it goes crazy. It also seems like it is circular to represent Earth which is why it shows agitation in a particular part of the circle. That last part is just my guess but it seems in line with the rest.

I am still watching, and it has become a lot easier to follow. It seems as though they've moved away from the "Let's do everything we possibly can to intentionally confuse our audience" philosophy, thankfully.

your definitely right that this season is easier to follow. When I re watched season 2 before starting this one it was a little easier to follow. The tricky part is Bernard. He is in all places at all times. Ford used copies of him and in that season he is in the present shots (when the cleanup crew is there figuring out what happened) and its showing him with Hale and with the tech he rescued and he goes into the back up world to have his conversation with Ford. with him in almost every scene it is impossible to keep track of which world and which time.

To the best that I have gathered, it’s synced with the future prediction machine. It shows how much is harmonized with what is actually happening and what the machine predicts. The black peaks are outliers or inconsistencies and that is why when Dolores shows everyone their own profiles it goes crazy. It also seems like it is circular to represent Earth which is why it shows agitation in a particular part of the circle. That last part is just my guess but it seems in line with the rest.

Hmmm...I'll have to re-watch. Good findings.

Something I also need to get back into the habit of is reading the review articles after each episode. I made a habit of going to read the Entertainment Weekly review online for the first couple of seasons each week, but kind of forgot about it. They usually point out everything possibly missed in an episode and do a pretty good job of making sense of it all for viewers.

Hmmm...I'll have to re-watch. Good findings.

Something I also need to get back into the habit of is reading the review articles after each episode. I made a habit of going to read the Entertainment Weekly review online for the first couple of seasons each week, but kind of forgot about it. They usually point out everything possibly missed in an episode and do a pretty good job of making sense of it all for viewers.
Alt Shift X is doing reviews of season 3

Well that was an interesting episode.

Delores is much sexier in this world.

Ed Harris continues to be as incredible as always.

Maves choices for her team should have been predictable but that isn’t what I was thinking.

and the Caleb story was a nice twist. It seems like they have set it up to where the next season can get back more to the story of William. Villain or hero, I guess is a matter of perspective.

if I had to venture a guess right now, there will only be one more season and I think it will return (at least the bulk) of the set to Westworld.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom