HD Antennas w/ home theater (1 Viewer)

efil4stnias

Play at your own risk
VIP Subscribing Member
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Question guys....i have a home theater system run by Yamaha - I cannot get the guy out for another 4-5 weeks ( booked up ) and i want to install antenna. ( shoulda done when this was all done over a year ago )
Anyway, he siad to grab a digital converter that will spit out HDMI to plug into Yamaha. But my question is how will i get that signal to my TV if its not hardwired????

im confused. Or maybe it is and i just dont realize it?

1607625619854.png

This is the back of the firetv recast from Amazon. I hope this helps.
By the way, this thing is awesome. Not cheap, but awesome.

Attachments

• 1607625504720.png
    1607625504720.png
    66.5 KB · Views: 2
I'm confused. You can plug an antenna into the back of your TV. You can send the audio information to your receiver through the ARC function of your HDMI. You don't need a converter unless I'm missing something.

Are you using a tv or a projector?

Are you using a streaming box?

Televisions usually have a tuner built in.

I have had a separate tuner box. It just took the coax out from the antenna and then sent the signal to my projector via hdmi.

This one serms adequate, and claims to be able to record if you attach a storage device.

Amazon product ASIN B01EW098XS
Now I use the HDhomerun by silicondust.

It's a bit more complicated but not difficult.

You plug your coax from the antenna into the HDhomerun and an ethernet cable from the HDhomerun into your router or network switch.

Then you just download their software onto a computer and let it detect the equipment and scan for channels.

After that you can use a computer, phone, tablet, firestick, Nvidia shield, roku, etc. to watch on their app from any device on your network.

They have a DVR service that works as any DVR and lets you access it from any of your devices. You would need a storage solution for that if you're not using a HTPC. I use a Western Digital NAS with 4 TB of space.

ATSC standards are changing. I don't know where you are but most places in the U.S. use ATSC 1.0. The tuner that I listed from Amazon works for that.

Some areas are moving to ATSC 3.0. It's backward compatible so if your area makes the change you'll be fine but missing the new features (4k).

The HDhomerun that I listed will do ATSC 3.0.

Last edited:
Saw a new scam that I did not anticipate.

4K antennas!

Also known as antennas. 🙄

Any UHF antenna that can pick up a television signal is a 4K antenna.

I'm using a 1970's radio shack roof antenna. If your old antenna works now, it will when ATSC 3.0 comes around.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom