HD-NFL Network and HD-ESPN 2 now showing up on Cox in Jefferson Parish! (1 Viewer)

i ordered the "sports package" from cox today, it includes a few espn's and most importantly the nfl channel, the hd channel 719 shows this atm:
http://www.imagedump.com/index.cgi?pick=get&tp=472661

cox said it will show the game thurs night, however. it was $3 a month to get the nfl channel and the various other channels included in the package

I bought an Over-the-air HD antenna but wasn't able to get any of the local channels (CBS, FOX, NBC). So I hope they got those pretty soon. Anyone know what the holdup is? I mean if Cox is giving the channels in Baton Rouge, why not in New Orleans?

Good to have ESPN2 though, and the game on Thursday will be fun to watch in HD.

I have an OTA SONY receiver and antennae in Metairie, 70006, and get CBS (4.1) (8.1) and FOX real good. For some strange reason I can't get NBC (6.1) though...

Hmm maybe I should stop being cheap and get a more expensive antenna? I live by the airport though, maybe that has something to do with it. I'll go to Wal Mart tomorrow and see what I can find

I have an OTA SONY receiver and antennae in Metairie, 70006, and get CBS (4.1) (8.1) and FOX real good. For some strange reason I can't get NBC (6.1) though...

WDSU has stopped broadcasting in HD even OTA. However, the signal could be carried by Cox, but WDSU wants too much money from Cox for the rights.

March can't come soon enough. That's when my one year committment to Charter is up. Hello Directv, NFL Network, and NFL Sunday Ticket. What's most frustrating is that Charter once had the NFL Network, then dropped it. Plus with Directv carrying New Orleans locals in HD and Charter not, it's a no brainer. Goodbye Charter and hello Directv.

I find it interesting that while WDSU's fight with Cox is all over their website, there is no mention of the fact that they have discontinued their HD broadcast over the air.

Both the Cox thing and the refusal to broadcast in HD over the air is a Hearst-Argyle company wide thing, not just WDSU.

I also purchased an HDTV receiver from Circuit City (out of the box on display) for $100. The antenna that worked for me was purchased at Radio Shack for $50. It is black with its own small remote to set up memory for the different channels. I live in a townhouse in Bucktown so I could not set up an outside antenna. I get all the HD channels when I position the antenna. WDSU upsets me with the Cox issue knowing full well their OTA HD broadcast is hosed. Cox does not get off the hook with me either. The city should mandate all local channels be carried in HD. To have one local HD channel available (ABC) is ridiculous.

Get the Rat Shack antenna and pick up the Fox and CBS OTA HD channels. Awesome!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom