"He plays like a man, he makes plays, and he's physical. He's no prima donna." (1 Viewer)

kfran

TwoDat! Let's Do It Again
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Found this quote from Saints' ST coach, Greg McMahon, when asked about Malcolm Jenkins:

WORTH REPEATING: "You know what he is? He's a football player, regardless of first round, second round, third round. He takes pride in doing whatever is asked of him. He plays like a man, he makes plays, and he's physical. He's just one of those guys who wants to be on the field. He's no prima donna." -- Saints special teams coordinator Greg McMahon on No. 1 draft pick, cornerback Malcolm Jenkins, who earned his second consecutive Special Teams Player of the Week honors for his performance against Buffalo.
http://www.nola.com/saints/index.ssf/2009/10/saints_kicker_john_carney_know.html

Crabtree could learn a thing or two from Malcolm.

I like it. I don't want to keep rehashing the past but it sure is nice that this regime doesn't just look at measurements. For a long time we had great athletes but they weren't great football players.

this guy is a very competitive football player, thats what the team needed

Malcolm Jenkins is going to be a great player on our defense one way or the other in the next few years. Maybe he's not cut out for corner but the idea of this guy at safety flying around, ripping at balls, and laying out WRs over the middle is VERY exciting.

If Harper wasn't such a good blitzer and run defender I'd be making the call for the switch today.

I wonder who still thinks we should have drafted Beannie at 14.

I always thought that Jenkins and Curry were the most NFL ready players from last years draft. Just all around solid football players.
Basically, slam dunks as picks. Both SEA and NO must have seen it the same way, cause their wasnt alot of hesitation there.
All around, versatile, mature, hardworking football player who give 110% every play are no brainers to coaches these days.

Jenkins has made an impact on special teams, no doubt. However, he still has a long way to go on coverage skills. His ultimate position on this team is probably free safety.

As far as Beanie Wells, let's wait 2-3 years and then make a judgment as to which was the better pick. Far too early to make any conclusion. I still think it's the same for judging whether Sedrick Ellis or Keith Rivers was the better pick last year. We'll know for sure in a couple of years.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom