head coach candidates (1 Viewer)

RJ in Lafayette

Super Forum Fanatic
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
And I mean in general, not necessarily with regard to the Saints.

Admittedly, there are a number of factors: relationship with GM, overall philosophy on building a team, the personnel on hand.

But a coach who did not get a fair shake in Cleveland and who impressed me is Mike Pettine.

Pats DC Matt Patricia, Panthers DC Sean Macdermott, Lions DC Teryl Austin, Pats OC Josh Mcdaniels all come to mind. I just figure if we can get a defensive minded head coach we could keep Carmichael at OC and actually be a balanced team

The only thing I would say is, hire a defensive minded coach. I do not want another offensive first minded coach. I liked the Mora days of winning, with defense, even though it was frustrating as old get out with Carl Smith as OC.

Wishing...we could have Mora defense, with Payton offense. Now that would have been/would be Patriots like success. Oh well.

If the Texans fire Bill O'Brien he would be one of the top candidates. I don't know much about him, would like to hear the opinions.

If we completely clean house my only request is that we keep a link to our offensive scheme. Ideally that would be Pete Carmichael as offensive coordinator. If not, than Joe Lombardi. Also, don't rule Dan Campbell as an in house head coaching candidate.

The only thing I would say is, hire a defensive minded coach. I do not want another offensive first minded coach. I liked the Mora days of winning, with defense, even though it was frustrating as old get out with Carl Smith as OC.

Wishing...we could have Mora defense, with Payton offense. Now that would have been/would be Patriots like success. Oh well.

Keep in mind that Mora's winning days were pre-salary cap. Post-cap, his winning days went south quick, all the way to the "We just suck" presser.

I can't imagine O'Brien would be released. Were that to happen, he would easily get a new job. And Mike Smith is going to get another chance.

Pats DC Matt Patricia, Panthers DC Sean Macdermott, Lions DC Teryl Austin, Pats OC Josh Mcdaniels all come to mind. I just figure if we can get a defensive minded head coach we could keep Carmichael at OC and actually be a balanced team

Exactly what we need to do, keep carmichael and get a defensive genius as head coach

I wonder how many people remember when SP was suspended the team still went 7-9... I'm honestly starting to question why SP is even here, b/c there doesn't seem to be any difference between him being here or not. All I do know is he is one of hte highest paid coaches in the NFL, yet he isn't producing like one

Put all this to bed because the ONLY way Sean Payton is going anywhere is if he decides to leave!!

You guys can talk about your fantasy all you want!!.............it's not going to happen unless coach makes that decision on his own............:jpshakehead:

Heaven forbid. I want one more year with Brees/Payton/Carmichael, and Alllen. Just feel like we're closer than we've been in a while to putting a good team on the field. Can't say one year from being elite, but I think a 10-6 or 11-5 team with a shot in the playoffs isn't out of reach.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom