Heading to Shreveport this weekend (1 Viewer)

MACATTACK

Rookie
Reaction score
Will be there Thursday thru Friday. Looking for suggestions on good places to get a drink and generally hang out.

Ready... Go...

Last time I went, I hit The Cub (hole in the wall for all ages), Vintage Wine Bar (good cocktails), and Great Raft Brewery. All good places. Superior Steakhouse is good upscale place as well.

Hit up Marilyn's place too. Its run by a guy from New Orleans. Great raft, superior grill or steakhouse, really anywhere right there on line ave. The Vintage wine bar, Wine Country, Oyster Bar. Tejas is a new upscale restaurant/bar. Cajun's right next to superior steakhouse is a fun dive bar. I'm in a FF league with the bartender. The Keith Horton Band is playing Superior Grill Friday night. He's a buddy and a hell of a musician.

Superior Grill (good Mexican restaurant, with live music sometimes) and Great Raft Brewery

There is a new place on Kings Highway called The Levee if you are into the whole organic farm to table thing. The owners grow most of the ingredients on the menu at their farm, so the menu is constantly changing depending on what they picked.

There is a new place on Kings Highway called The Levee if you are into the whole organic farm to table thing. The owners grow most of the ingredients on the menu at their farm, so the menu is constantly changing depending on what they picked.

I "ve heard rave reviews but with the construction I haven"t forced myself to go. You been yet?

Also Ki'Mexico for Shreveport's BEST authentic Mexican Food (Superior is tex mex)

I "ve heard rave reviews but with the construction I haven"t forced myself to go. You been yet?

Also Ki'Mexico for Shreveport's BEST authentic Mexican Food (Superior is tex mex)
I went one Saturday afternoon for a late lunch. The decor is "Southern Outdoor Party". The Chairs are made out of 2X4s with cushions. The tables are wooden stumps with glass tops. The ribs were good with a dry rub and super tender, too tender for some people as the meat was falling off the bone. The "Double Dipper" appetizer was two dips, one was roasted orange bellpepper and chickpea and the other was Kale and Greek Yogurt. Both needed salt, but were good. The drinks are also super fresh, they had a fresh grapefruit cocktail that was quite tasty. Overall it took about two hours total for our lunch. We were not in any super hurry, but some people may be.

The evening pricing is a tad more expensive, but it is something different in a rather boring market.

I've lived hear 4 years and the best food I have found is at my house, but we aren't taking reservations.

In Bossier, try Silver Star.

You definitely have to live in North LA a while to truly appreciate it.

Are you looking for a club-like atmosphere or just a sit-and-drink type of deal ?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom