Heads Up: Dilfer and Hoge to discuss most impressive 3-0 start on NFL Live (1 Viewer)

Isn't it strange the gamblers seem to be ahead of the curve and the media is sagging behind?

Again, in aggregate, gamblers are *never* ahead of the curve. By definition, for a gaming establishment to stay in business and make money gamblers can never establish an advantage.

Do net points factor into this?
Net Points/AVG MARGIN OF VICTORY
Saints 64/21.3
Ravens 50/16.6
Broncos 46/15.3
Giants 32/10.6
Vikings 31/10.3
Jets 31/10.3
Colts 27/9

All other 3-0 teams have beaten a team that is still winless, except the Saints.
Over half,4 of 7, undefeateds have played 2 of 3 games on the road.
The Browns are on that list 3 times.
Ravens (Chargers), Jets (Patriots), and Saints (Eagles) are the only teams who have beaten a concencus(sp?) preseason playoff team.
The Chargers were the only one of those teams beaten at full strength.
The Saints and Ravens both won their "tough" early game on the road.
Saints have the highest margin of victory in the NFL by a ridiculous amount, 21.3 pts.
The Saints have not trailed at any point in the season to date.
I think 6 of these teams will make the playoffs.
The Broncos' schedule for the next 5 weeks: Cowboys, Patriots, Chargers, bye, Ravens, Steelers. Hello 3-5 or 4-4.
Just sayin'.

<embed src="http://www.4shared.com/embed/136076433/ca7afe3" width="480" height="380" allowfullscreen="true" allowscriptaccess="always"></embed>

Personally, i think the Ravens have been quite impressive. That is a scary team to think about with the fact that they actually have an offense now.

It is kinda like the Saints actually have a defense now.

I really like the Ravens a lot this season...it is just too bad they will lose the SuperBowl to the Saints.

Based on opponents and the expectations going into the season I would rank the Jets as the most impressive after taking out the Texans, Patriots, and Titans. The only game they dominated was the Texans game. However the manner and dominance that the Saints have won, despite playing weaker teams, two first time starting quarter backs and Trent Edwards, doesn't exactly compare well, but the Saints won each of those games by over twenty points, two of which were on the road.

The Ravens to me look like the strongest team in the league, but playing the Chiefs, the Chargers and the Browns can leave a bit of illusion out there, especially given that Rivers threw all over them. The Browns and the Chiefs are terrible and the Chargers almost lost to the Raiders.

The Colts offense is humming right along, but their defense is still so thin. The Vikings also have had the Browns, the Lions and almost lost at home to a 49er team that lost Frank Gore at the beginning of the game.

I guess you can write the story of a three game season how ever you want, but the Jets Saints matchup will be an intriguing balance of defensive versus offensive power and absent the Farve drama would be the game of the week in the NFL. But let's see how the rookie qb deals with the noise in the dome and Brees can take advantage of the one on one coverages after the blitz. These are games Bush was built for. When you catch a five yard pass with only one guy to beat to house. Look out.

I'd choose the Broncos. Not because they beat great teams, but they were expected to fail miserably. They must have a strong locker room to overcome McDaniels' off-season circus.

fwiw, they've taken notice that the Saints are flashy offensively and flashy offenses always attract the dumb money. It drives me crazy when people treat handicappers as knowing a lot about football. What they know is how to separate people from their cash.

In order to separate people from there money you would think they would have to know a lot about football to make the appropriate spread.

In order to separate people from there money you would think they would have to know a lot about football to make the appropriate spread.

I'd say they have to know more about how people bet. There are all kinds of anomalies...teams like the Cowboys who have national followers attract disproportionate betting, teams with good offenses, favorites early in the season, etc.

Don't get me wrong. I think handicappers are *brilliant* and know tons about football, but they know even more about psychology. I'm just saying that the job a handicapper does is to get into the head of a gambler and get action on both sides.

The lions have shown that they're not terrible this year, even though the saints made them look terrible. Kolb proved This week that he's a good QB, although the saints made him look pedestrian. The bills were looking great till the saints made them look average. so all three teams we've beaten are decent to very good, but we crushed all three, so I think we're the most impressive.

I'd say they have to know more about how people bet. There are all kinds of anomalies...teams like the Cowboys who have national followers attract disproportionate betting, teams with good offenses, favorites early in the season, etc.

Don't get me wrong. I think handicappers are *brilliant* and know tons about football, but they know even more about psychology. I'm just saying that the job a handicapper does is to get into the head of a gambler and get action on both sides.

They know a helluva lot about football, they have to. But what you see of that, vis-a-vis the betting line, isn't necessarily representative of that knowledge. It's more representative of their knowledge of how bettors bet and what needs to be done to maximize return for the 'house'.

The Jets have beaten the better opponents, but we've blown everyone out. It's tight and it'll be settled Sunday

75% chance (historically) of going to the playoffs. With two divisional teams starting 0-3, 2 of our wins already on the road, I think it's highly likely we make it

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom