Heads Up: Dilfer and Hoge to discuss most impressive 3-0 start on NFL Live (1 Viewer)

SebaSaint

Indonesian Coon***
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
@NFLLiveOnESPN: Today's show - Trent Dilfer and Merril Hoge debate the NFL’s most IMPRESSIVE 3-0 start

If somebody can give us a recap, I would be greatly appreciative. In the meantime I thought we could go ahead and discuss this our selves.

3-0 Teams: (In no particular order; Away games in bold)

Saints: Wins over Lions (1-2), Eagles (2-1) and Bills (1-2)

Giants: Wins over Redskins (1-2), Cowboys (1-1) and Bucs (0-3)

Vikings: Wins over Browns (0-3), Lions (1-2) and 49ers (2-1)

Jets: Wins over Texans (1-2), Patriots (2-1) and Titans (0-3)

Ravens: Wins over Chiefs (0-3), Chargers (2-1) and Browns (0-3)

Colts: Wins over Jaguars (1-2), Dolphins (0-3) and Cardinals (1-2)

Broncos: Wins over Bengals (2-1), Browns (0-3) and Raiders (1-2)

Opponents Combined Record:

1) Saints 4-5

2) Tied Jets, Vikings and Broncos 3-6

5) Giants 2-6

6) Tied Ravens and Colts 2-7

Last edited:
It's a shame, because Saints vs Jets should be the media darling this week, but you know it won't be with Favre vs Packers Mania.

How many of there 3 wins is home / away games. That should mean a lot that we took it to Philly and Buffalo at there house. The Ralph is not a friendly environment for opposing teams. I'm very proud of how well we did against them.

In this order:
Jets
Giants
Saints and Colts
Ravens
Vikings
Broncos

If I'm not wearing my homer glasses I say the Jets because they are doing it with a rookie QB and nothing in the passing game worth speaking of. They are really manufacturing wins where as the other 3-0 teams have superior talent with the exception of the Broncos.

From a strength of opponents and margin of victory obviously it's us.

And Atlanta's opponents are combined for 2-7. I know Atlanta isn't 3-0 but I just wanted to throw that out there.:ezbill:

Saints are a 6.5 point favorite in vegas against the Jets this week. So I know they've taken notice.

this says it all,IMO
vvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvv

1) Saints 4-5

5) Giants 2-6

Saints are a 6.5 point favorite in vegas against the Jets this week. So I know they've taken notice.

fwiw, they've taken notice that the Saints are flashy offensively and flashy offenses always attract the dumb money. It drives me crazy when people treat handicappers as knowing a lot about football. What they know is how to separate people from their cash.

I hate to say it but look at the schedule the Jets have had. Too bad their luck is running out this week!

this says it all,IMO
vvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvv

1) Saints 4-5

5) Giants 2-6

I think we have to note that there is a difference in the statements "Most Impressive 3-0 Start" and "Best 3-0 Team". I'll take Jets as most impressive 3-0 start and Saints as Best 3-0 Team.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom