Heads up! (1 Viewer)

bclemms

More than 15K posts served!
Reaction score
WASHINGTON - A large U.S. spy satellite has lost power and could hit the Earth in late February or March, government officials said Saturday.

The satellite, which no longer can be controlled, could contain hazardous materials, and it is unknown where on the planet it might come down, they said. The officials spoke on condition of anonymity because the information is classified as secret.

"Appropriate government agencies are monitoring the situation," said Gordon Johndroe, a spokesman for the National Security Council, when asked about the situation after it was disclosed by other officials. "Numerous satellites over the years have come out of orbit and fallen harmlessly. We are looking at potential options to mitigate any possible damage this satellite may cause."

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080126/ap_on_go_ot/dead_satellite

I wonder if my insurance company would weasel out of this one. It would be fun trying to explain it to them.

thats it..no 3.

Here is EXACLTY what will happen...The satellite will fall into my home, Feds will confiscate my property, give me less than market value, then ask that I pay for damage to the satellite. *sigh*

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom