Headscratchers..... (1 Viewer)

How about not going for it on 4th and 1 up 21-0, trying to draw them offsides (which NEVER works for us, and then trying a 52-yard FG, which was missed. So we lose 7 yards on the miss. What's easier, converting 4th and 1 or making a 52-yarder? Even if you say it's a wash, the seven yards to lose should push you to go for it.

It's so easy to do the hindsight thing when something does not work . . The drawing offsides HAS worked before , not often but it cost us nothing that meant anything. WL makes the FG and it's a good call . I might have gone for it but remember we had had a few 3rd an 4th and 1 or 2 and we ran different plays each time so they may have had a better idea of what we wanted to do and stuffed it . We didn't get much in the middle on the ground so that could be taken into consideration .

It's so easy to do the hindsight thing when something does not work . . The drawing offsides HAS worked before , not often but it cost us nothing that meant anything. WL makes the FG and it's a good call . I might have gone for it but remember we had had a few 3rd an 4th and 1 or 2 and we ran different plays each time so they may have had a better idea of what we wanted to do and stuffed it . We didn't get much in the middle on the ground so that could be taken into consideration .

It cost us a timeout. And I still don't see the point of kicking it. It's actually MORE risky to kick it because it could get blocked and run back or we could lose 7 yards on a miss.

It cost us a timeout. And I still don't see the point of kicking it. It's actually MORE risky to kick it because it could get blocked and run back or we could lose 7 yards on a miss.

A TO that meant nothing . Like I said we had a few short yardages earlier and had run different plays each time chances are we would have run something they had seen before and may have not had that much success . AND if we would have gotten a look we wanted we most likely would have run a play. But went with the FG instead . I might have gone for it but that's me and I'm not the coach , so I don'rt really have a problem with trying the FG , If WL makes it we're not talking about this

Yep, I text my nephew this very thing.

Payton has to get his act together and not have this team make these mental mistakes. That was a no brainier of an instruction to give to your special teams coach or to Cadet directly.

how about Cams td when they were in the red zone when he was being hurried towards the sidelines and EVERYBODY decides to go after him,leaving a WIDE open receiver for the easy td...I mean really? nobody stays behind to defend the endzone...unreal

Gotta laugh at the people that say stuff like this . First of all NO ONE calls the perfect play EVERYTIME. 2nd Almost all of the people that say this have NO CLUE as to what the game plan is . you just see a play that doesn't work and say " that was a bad play call " . It was not the play's fault Tommy Lee dropped a sure 1st down pass, nor was it the play's fault Hills was stupidly down field on MT catch for a 1st . I for one thought SP called a pretty damn good game and the 41 points kinda show I am right Sorry Saintsfanatic you're pretty much wrong on this one

I guess I must have been the only one that noticed all of our drive killers have been because of throws to Cadet, Hill, even Ingram. Cooks and Thomas are not drive killers and we are treating Snead the way we did last year not targeting him enough. I don't think Fleener is worth Snead missing chances. We also score 41 points because we don't run out the clock. Easy to do but no way Carolina recovers down 28-3. 28-10 it would be hard for them to even come back. No team panics down 2 TDs but 3, they do.

But this is how our offense goes.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom