Headscratchers..... (1 Viewer)

Outbackjack

Hall-of-Famer
Reaction score
1. Up 31-24.....kickoff from their 50 after a penalty.

They kick it high and Cadet catches it 1 yard deep.
Take a knee and we begin at the 25, no harm done.

But TC inexplicably brings it out, with the defense having a 15 yard head start than normal.

By no ones surprise, he gets tackled at the 13, costing us 12 crucial yards.

2. Hills blasting out like it's a running play, costing us a huge 3rd down conversion to Mike Thomas with a lineman down field early penalty.
I'll cut him a little slack in that he's the 3rd string tackle.

3. TLL should absolutely return kicks and punts.

payton made several terrible calls but will be forgotten because of the W. Same with the chargers game.

TC made a clutch 3D catch on that game winner... You know? Those kind of catches that he usually drops.

Byrd making a fair catch at the 9 with no one within 10 yards of him... :scratch:

Hills is a 3rd stringer off the street two weeks ago. He just got confused with the play call. Thought it was a screen.

I can forgive Cadet... He's watching the ball full flight. He can't possibly know if he's 1yard deep or straddling the line... Yeah he could have looked down first but defense has already penetrated because of the short kick... He's got to assess lanes immediately... Seriously, give him a break.

payton made several terrible calls but will be forgotten because of the W. Same with the chargers game.

Gotta laugh at the people that say stuff like this . First of all NO ONE calls the perfect play EVERYTIME. 2nd Almost all of the people that say this have NO CLUE as to what the game plan is . you just see a play that doesn't work and say " that was a bad play call " . It was not the play's fault Tommy Lee dropped a sure 1st down pass, nor was it the play's fault Hills was stupidly down field on MT catch for a 1st . I for one thought SP called a pretty damn good game and the 41 points kinda show I am right Sorry Saintsfanatic you're pretty much wrong on this one

How about not going for it on 4th and 1 up 21-0, trying to draw them offsides (which NEVER works for us, and then trying a 52-yard FG, which was missed. So we lose 7 yards on the miss. What's easier, converting 4th and 1 or making a 52-yarder? Even if you say it's a wash, the seven yards to lose should push you to go for it.

How about not going for it on 4th and 1 up 21-0, trying to draw them offsides (which NEVER works for us, and then trying a 52-yard FG, which was missed. So we lose 7 yards on the miss. What's easier, converting 4th and 1 or making a 52-yarder? Even if you say it's a wash, the seven yards to lose should push you to go for it.

Especially when you have all the momentum and can possibly bury the panties.

i can think of 4 times it's worked in the last 3-4 years

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom