Headsets for PS3 (1 Viewer)

kcirdor

VIP Contributor
Reaction score
I recently got a new head set for the PS3. I made the mistake of going to walmart without doing any research. when you go in the VG accessory aisle they only have one Bluetooth head set on display there. The Motorolla 500 is on display with a sign saying compatible for your PS3. So I figure hey, says so on the box, I'll take that one. I get home and charge it for 2 hours while I play some Warhawk. Turn it on and register it on my PS3. I can hear my voice on the ear piece so it is working. I see the voice changer option on the PS3 and I decide to play with that first. while checking the different settings all of a sudden the sudden my controller stops responding. Hmmmmm, weird....... I plug the controller in through the usb. It starts responding again. Sweet. I try to speak one more time before exiting Voice Change and my ear piece is not responding. Sour.

Then I google any problems with headsets. Come to find out the Motorolla 500 interferes with the controllers bluetooth. I am glad walmart takes returns with very little hassle. I go look in the cell phone accessories this time and find the recommended Plantronics headset for cheaper then the worthless Motorolla which specifically claims to work with PS3. I've had zero problems so far with Plantronics. Can also use it for my phone so in the end the PS3 has 'enhanced' other facets my existence. I get to join the crazy people that walk around talking to themselves.

You can also probable get one cheaper off the internet. I just recommend avoiding Motorolla.

I don't really like the Jabra that came with Warhawk. It works, just not as well as I would like. But, I'm glad you finally got one. :)

yeah I bought the download of warhawk. And when I looked up the issue with interference most suggested Plantronics.

Most people are just doing their own thing and not using the headset for what it is for in the games. If you can organize a team to attack at once you can get the flag out with no problems.

yeah I bought the download of warhawk. And when I looked up the issue with interference most suggested Plantronics.

Most people are just doing their own thing and not using the headset for what it is for in the games. If you can organize a team to attack at once you can get the flag out with no problems.

Yep, Usually just me talking to myself when I turn my mic on. It's great when 3 or 4 people are communicating and working as a team. 2-3 more weeks and hopefully I'll be outta here. Warhawk is coming out with another update soon and I'm anxious to see what they add.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom