Health going forward (1 Viewer)

Reaction score
I think team heath will dictate how far we go. Duh same is for every team I know.

But particularly on defense we have a few players to keep an eye on.
Rankings only played like 9 snaps yesterday.We will have to wait and see what his deal was.
Davenport missed a lot of snaps. What was his issue?
Klein and Alonso missed the game. How long are they out

Offensively
Cook. Concussion. Hopefully there are no lingering affects.
Peat. May be back. Easton has played well. But for oline depth Peat is big.
Those are the ones off the top of my head that hopefully make full recoveries quickly.

I'm very concerned about Rankins and Davenport. If they were in the game yesterday we would have won. I hope Davenport doesn't get that weird turf toe again. Would appreciate any updates.

All of them will likely be back at some point this year. Line, Klein and Alonso are the ones (before Cook's concussion yesterday) I'm kind of holding my breath on.

Cook didn't seem to be weak on his feet after the hit yesterday, so I'm hoping it isn't a major deal. It's the first concussion he's had this year, so he's got that going for him.

They didn't even mention Rankins being injured on the broadcast so we'll really have to just wait and see on that, like you said.

Davenport made it back into the game after going out so I wouldn't be surprised to see him limited all week but play come Monday.

Peat coming back is the one I'm least concerned with since Easton has shown why it was so smart for us to sign him like we did. When Peat is back, I don't know if I'd make him the de facto starter just from a chemistry standpoint. The line played really well yesterday.

ETA: Having Peat back will be huge for OL depth, especially at LT if Armstead were to be out for any more games.

Last edited:
I'm very concerned about Rankins and Davenport. If they were in the game yesterday we would have won. I hope Davenport doesn't get that weird turf toe again. Would appreciate any updates.
Davenport came back into the game yesterday, no word on Rankins yet.
I think the d-line played extremely well, like it has all season.
We got caught up in all the misdirection and having Klein and Alonso out really hurt the speed to close. Robertson was chasing people around all day and that's what the gameplan was. The secondary calmed down a lot in the second half (if you forget the last drive).

I think team heath will dictate how far we go. Duh same is for every team I know.

But particularly on defense we have a few players to keep an eye on.
Rankings only played like 9 snaps yesterday.We will have to wait and see what his deal was.
Davenport missed a lot of snaps. What was his issue?
Klein and Alonso missed the game. How long are they out

Offensively
Cook. Concussion. Hopefully there are no lingering affects.
Peat. May be back. Easton has played well. But for oline depth Peat is big.
Those are the ones off the top of my head that hopefully make full recoveries quickly.

I didn't notice the lack of Rankins but very interested to see what is going on there. I did see one play where Davenport just absolutely fell down immediately and I thought he was injured (maybe he was but got off the field quick?). Klein and Alonso would have made a huge difference yesterday but I think we'll be okay at LB for Colts. I'd rather rest whoever needs it to have them for Playoffs.

The Cook injury killed us. Really need him to get cleared and get back. He has developed a chemistry with Brees that gives us an advantage we haven't had since Graham.
Peat is expected to miss 6 weeks since the loss to the Falcons so it looks like that would be the final game versus the Panthers. Again, if Easton keeps playing well, I'd just assume leave him in there until Playoff time.

Just like with Klein and Kiko we won't know anything specific until maybe Wednesdays report. I have a feeling that guys are just banged up after a physical game. If we can get at least one LBr back we should be good for Indy.

We are OK with Easton in place of Peat, but our depth will continue to be impacted until Peat returns. We really need Klein and Kiko back sooner rather than later and I hope at least we see them as Limited on Wednesday, or at least one of them. I sure also hope that Cook's concussion is mild and he will be able to get on the field next Monday night.

I think I read that Davenport went out twice yesterday (didn't come back after the second departure) and it was identified as a "foot" injury which has me worried about the dreaded turf toe issue.

Add Armstead to the list of injured players to watch. Forgot about his ankle. He played well. But in a walking boot so it is still obviously an issue.

If you look around the league mostly every teams Injury report is fairly lengthy at this point in December. The 49ers lost their starting Center for the season, and will be without Richard Sherman for a few weeks to close out the season. Even the projected MVP of the league Lamar Jackson showed up on the Raven's injury report today, Limited with a Quad injury.

I don't think we are in any worse position than any other team in the league... but I will say that the Saints really need Klein and Alonso back sooner rather than later. The Linebacker play left a lot to be desired yesterday.

Last edited:
I notice that bo
If you look around the league mostly every teams Injury report is fairly lengthy at this point in December. The 49ers lost their starting Center for the season, and will be without Richard Sherman for a few weeks to close out the season. Even the projected MVP of the league Lamar Jackson showed up on the Raven's injury report today, Limited with a Quad injury.

I don't think we are in any worse position than any other team in the league... but I will say that the Saints really need Klein and Anzalone back sooner rather than later. The Linebacker play left a lot to be desired yesterday.
Anzalone isn’t returning this season after the shoulder injury in week 2.

I notice that bo

Anzalone isn’t returning this season after the shoulder injury in week 2.
Right I meant Alonso, Kiko.

I just had a brain fart since they both have last names with the same first letter.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom